"When it's out of your lips, I do," she panted.

"I know the feeling," he chortled. "I know exactly what you mean."

With these words, he slid her trousers off her legs and looked up at her from in between her legs, his tongue toying with her labia as she squirmed under his hot breath. After making her impatiently wait, he finally put his lips on her clit and she cried out in pleasure, the release she felt was incomparable.

"I want to do that for the rest of my life," he grinned as he came up and kissed her. She was out a breath and beads of sweat rolled on her forehead.

"Please, do", she chuckled and helped him get out of his own trousers. Placing himself at her entrance he thrust inside her, her fingers digging in his arms.

"If you weren't already my wife, I would ask you to marry me again every day," he puffed vigorously.

As both of them reached their climax, they rolled off the table they were on, fell to the floor and erupted into cheerful laughter.

"I'd say yes every day, Aemond. Just so I can relish in the pride I feel when I call you husband," Rhea cuddled up to her King.

"Have you warmed up to the idea of being called Queen, then?" Aemond asked as he wrapped his arms around her and kissed the top of her head.

"Hmm," she paused to think. "As long as I'm your Queen, I don't care what everyone else calls me."

"You were my Queen long before I was even crowned, my love."

Both of them stayed in silence, enjoying their comfortable bubble a little while longer before going back to their mournful reality.

They felt Aegon's absence more than ever, especially in the evenings. In the last week before he died, the three of them gathered every night around a fire and reminisced about their shared past until their lids could no longer support the weight of their tiredness, chatting away the hours light-heartedly and they were moments the new King and his Queen would cherish until their last days.

 Winterfell was only a day away when Aemond heard the news the Blacks had sent their men to storm the Red Keep and the Dragonpit in King's Landing. He had received a raven stating his mother was taken prisoner, along with Daeron, and they were being taken to Winterfell as well. It would be a family reunion, then. Although not a happy one. Had he been the same as he was before, he would have flown to the Stark seat himself and set it ablaze on his own, without a single thought. But as a King he couldn't just act recklessly any more.

"Let me do it, then," Rhea urged her husband as she walked fast, trying to catch up with him. "Send Sapphire, and me, we'll surround them and force them out."

He turned to look at her, stopping in his tracks and a loud sigh escaped him as he pinched the base of his nose.

"Rhea, my love," he started irritably. "I have said this countless times now, I will not send the Queen of the seven fucking kingdoms to discuss with the enemy. I have done it once, and I will not be doing it again."

Rhea groaned angrily.

"I won't be going there to discuss anything, Aemond."

"Exactly. You won't be going there, full stop."

Both of them were already stubborn before, but they were being particularly stubborn on that day. The stared down at each other, flustered.

"Your brother, your mother are in their custody, who knows what they're going to do to them," Rhea spoke again softer. "They killed the dragons remaining in King's Landing, there isn't much more we can do to stop them from actually getting the upper hand and deposing you, Aemond."

He sighed again, he knew she was right, of course.

"I won't loose you because we took to long to act, love. I won't loose you at all. I'll kill Rhaenyra myself if I have to." Rhea spoke hurriedly, wiping angry tears from her eyes.

Aemond tilted his head, taken aback by his wife's words.

"You wouldn't-"

"To save you? I'd kill my own self, Aemond."

He closed the space between them and held her close to him for a little while, kissing the top of her head vigorously.

"You're still not flying there on your own, Rhea," Aemond concluded as he let go of his wife.

She let out a groan and smiled softly at him. They would attack the northern seat of House Stark the next day. They would fight the most decisive battle yet, and they hoped to all the gods they would live to see another day.

"If today's our last day together, let us not fight, my love. Let us enjoy the other's company," Aemond offered, one of his hands still clinging to her. If he lost her in battle, he would go mad, he knew it. He would never want to live in a world where she wasn't, he didn't even want to imagine one.

Rhea gulped as she tried to push her anguish away, trying not to think of the next day, trying not to think of all the things she could loose then.

"Today is not our last day together, Aemond. Not if I have a say in it," Rhea stated resolutely.