𝟐| 𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐧

CHAPTER TWO:

A STRANGE MAN

IT WAS DARK outside in San Francisco as the civilians walked around underneath the bright and shining silver moon that laid high in the night sky

IT WAS DARK outside in San Francisco as the civilians walked around underneath the bright and shining silver moon that laid high in the night sky. The occasional honks could be heard from the vehicles as the citizens tried to get home and to their families after a long day of work and having to deal with their coworkers, their boss and possible rude customers.

The sound of crickets chirping could be heard, adding to the many other sounds of the well known city as the insects hid in any type of grass they could find, the many other insects buzzing by people's ears, their sound startling the larger living things walking around on the concrete sidewalks.

In the many neighborhoods with the many houses that had been built similar years and years ago when they had first been built by the construction workers, the streetlights stood tall and proud as the lights were on for the few hours during the night time, letting the civilians that were venturing around on their feet to see better, the lights from the vehicles and the few stars and moon in the night sky occasionally adding to the many lights that could let the watchful eyes at night to see where they were going and not be in total darkness.

On a rather busy street, a boy and a girl could be seen with smiles on their faces as they ate the ice cream they had gotten from the Baskin-Robbins they were just leaving. A now sixteen year old Y/n Van Dyne and seventeen year old Camden Blake had their jacket covered arms brushing against one another's while they walked along the sidewalk and back in the direction of the girl's grandfather's house.

As the years had gone by and ever since that night they first made eye contact, the two had gotten closer and closer while they dealt with the abuse Camden had been given from his father. And now, Hank Pym had became a legal guardian of the almost eighteen year old. While they grew older, unspoken feelings had came across the boy and the girl, feelings that they so desperately wanted to tell each other but had either been too nervous or something would always interrupt them.

There were many times where Camden was close to blurting it out or just full on placing his lips onto hers in hopes she'd reciprocate it until her grandfather or mother would come into the room, unknowingly or for the girl's mother, knowingly, interrupt them. As the two continued venturing outside, getting closer to the neighborhood, Y/n's smaller hand brushed against Camden's before she pulled it away nervously.

"You think Hank will give us trouble for going out late?" Camden asks as he took a scoop of his ice cream in the spoon.

Y/n shakes her head, shrugging. "No, probably not. But if my mom's back from dinner with that Cross guy... then she will."

"Let me have a bite of that." Camden blurts out and when he received a confused look, he motions down to her ice cream in the cup. "Let me have some."

"No." Y/n mumbles instantly, moving her cup in the opposite direction of him before he could get a scoop. "You have your own ice cream."