𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐩𝐭.𝟐

Start from the beginning

"oh for god's sakes, do we have to go through this every damn year?!" luke says frustrated. "yessss!"lorelai says.

"and the urge wins by a long shot" cecilia says. "i thought we were here to discuss town issues" luke says. "this is a town issue" taylor says.

"excuse me, whose talking?" the mayor says. cecilia snickers. "it's me harry. luke. you've known me since i was 5 years old" luke says.

getting tired of this conversation, cecilia lays her head on her moms shoulder and falls asleep.

—————————————————————————-

"cel, sweetie. wake up. meetings over with" her mom says quietly. "liz needed to leave, so she wanted me to tell you to call her later" rory says.

"okay" cecilia says sleepily. they all walk to their car and head home.

——————————————————————————

cecilia decided to catch a bus to hartford before the snow got bad, so she could be in time for dinner at her grandparents.

bundling up her coat, she knocked on the door.

"oh cecilia! why didn't you tell me you were here! it's freezing! get in here!" emily says shocked.

"sorry grandma! i thought i could catch the bus and beat the snow" she says shivering. luckily she packed some warm clothes in her backpack.

"oh well, rory is in the sitting room, go she her. i'll make you both some coffee" grandma says heading to the kitchen.

cecilia heads to the sitting room and she smiles at her sister. they sat around and read for a while until their grandma told them that their mom is not coming to dinner cause of the snow.

"so you will just have dinner here and spend the night" their grandma says with smile. they look at each other. they knew they just had to accept the fact that they have dinner with their grandma.

——————————————————————————-

emily comes into the sitting room, upset. "what's the problem, emily?" richard says. "the problem is that apparently florence cannot get here because of the storm" emily says frustrated.

"florence?" he asks confused. "our cook" she says while looking at him. "ah yes the new cook of the week" cecilia says sarcastically. she looked over and saw rory giggling.

emily looked at cecilia angrily. one thing about cecilia, she has her mothers wit. "ah, well, we'll just have to go out" he says. emily rolls her eyes. "oh, please richard, pay attention. we can't go out. it's miserable outside" she says frustrated.

"well, we will figure something out then" he says with a small smile. "what? what will we figure out?" she says exaggerating. cecilia rolls her eyes. 'do these people seriously never cook or do takeout' she thought.

"well i don't know but.." he says before being interrupted by his wife. "i hate the damn snow" she says completely losing it. "emily, calm down" he says trying to comfort her. "this is a serious problem. these friday dinners are the only proper food that those children eat all week" she says.

"girls, are you in any way malnourished or in need of some international relief organization to recruit a celebrity to raise money on your account?" grandpa sarcastically asks the twins.

"we're good" the twins say that same time with a smile. "they're good" he says to emily. "your sense of humor rears its ugly head at the oddest of times richard" she says frustrated at her husband.

"emily, i am not the mastermind behind some great scheme to spoil your dinner plans and i don't care to be treated as such." he says frustrated. the tension in the room was getting thick and twins knew they needed to intervene.

"so you're fine with hanging no dinner tonight? is that it?" emily says. "i am certainly not" he says. "hey, how about i check the fridge? i'm sure there's something in there we could whip up" rory says quickly. cecilia agrees.

"whip up?" emily asks confused. "yeah come on, it will be fun. i promise" cecilia says rushing her grandma and grandpa off into the kitchen.

——————————————————————————

after going through the fridge, rory found frozen pizza and cecilia decided to call miles.

hello?
well, do you have a girlfriend?
ah, well hello bug. it's nice to hear from you
you didn't answer my question
i'm aware and to answer it. yes.
oh look at you. you officially have a girl now
yeah, and she told me y'all hung out a couple nights ago

cecilia didn't want to mention anything to miles cause he would make a big deal of it.

oh yeah. we did
i'm glad you're giving her a chance cecilia. it means a lot to me
miles, you asked me to give her a chance. i did. she's not as bad as i thought
thanks again cel. seriously. listen i need to go. the snow is getting bad and my parents need help with things around the house
oh okay. see ya soon miles
bye bug

——————————————————————————-

after eating dinner, cecilia was in her moms old room and she looked in her bag. she pulled out a piece of paper.

so you're into the smith's?
i would love you to get to know you more
call me
-ethan

she looked at the paper and smiled. maybe this is her chance to find someone new and let go of the feelings she has for miles.

she looks at the phone hesitantly, but she does it.

she picks up the phone and she attempts to call him.

——————————————————————————
authors note:

so this kinda of a filler chapter. i hope y'all enjoyed though!

-e