Chapter 6

I am so screwed.

How could I forget that he works here?

I must've not thought about it, being more focused on how the hell I'm supposed to get some money back in my wallet.

"Language Jack!" Lily reams him.

"But you can't be serious about hiring her!" he complains.

"Well suck it up son, she's hired." Lily counters calmly.

"Hah!" I laugh in his face. "I'm hired." I boast.

His scowl at me only deepens and I can't help containing my laughter. It seems neither can Finn.

"Please tell me you'll have them working together!" He pitches the idea.

My laughter softens after this and both of us turn, giving him a look. My eyes move to Lily who has this smirk on her face.

"Lily, you can't be serious about that." I plead, knowing Finn hit it right on the nose.

"You both work on Fridays." she says.

I lean my elbows on the counter and cover my face with my hands while Jackson lets out a groan in obvious annoyance.

This cannot be happening.

"Why do we have to work the same day?" Jackson asks.

"Because you guys need to start getting along. Both of you need to grow up, you're almost adults, if you could stop bickering all the time maybe I'll switch your days." she explains, crossing her arms in a defiant manner.

There's a moment of silence before Finn bursts out laughing. Walking over to Lily he pulls her into a hug, "I love this woman." he gets out between laughs.

I roll my eyes as she hugs him back. With her temporarily occupied Jackson focuses back on me. "I'm not working with you." he sneers, glaring at me.

This only makes me more irritated. "Well I'm not quitting." I fire back.

"Why couldn't you just work somewhere else?" he asks, walking in my direction. "Or are you just too obsessed with me to apply somewhere else."

"You wish dickhead." I scoff, "You're mom offered me the job, so don't think I wanted to be anywhere near you."

"Whatever." he rolls his eyes and walks behind the counter, making sure to bump my shoulder on the way by.

"Asshole." I mutter walking in the direction he came from.

Hannah grabbed her stuff and stood up. "I'll be sure to have everyone here on Friday to witness this historic event." she humors the situation.

Her joke makes Finn laugh even harder. "I'll help you with that." he says.

She nods and heads out the door with me. Walking outside, I see that her cheeks are flushed red.

"Aww. You made him laugh." I punched her on the shoulder.

"Shut up." she said, cowering away to her car.

Walking to mine the only thing I prayed for was, I hope I can survive this.

Specifically survive him.

~~~~~

The weekend passed by as quickly as it came. Monday I got out of bed like I sluggishly did and struggled all the way to school.

Classes went on forever and the teacher's voice droned off in my ear. I could barely stay awake for any of it.

The only good part about it was that it was stress free. In terms, that meant Jackson free. He wasn't in any of my morning classes which I praised God for because I don't think I could deal with him.