I Can't Adult

FADE IN:

1 INT. SKYE'S ROOM - EARLY MORNING 1

There are birds chirping outside the window.

SKYE LICKFORD, 18, is in bed asleep. She is naturally pretty with long straight brown hair, brown eyes and a skinny body shape. She has never dyed her hair or even plucked her eyebrows.

At 6.30am the alarm clock on her iphone 12 goes off. Skye opens her eyes. She stretches and gets out of bed. Her clothes are perfectly laid out.

2 INT. KITCHEN - SHORTLY AFTER 2

Skye is wearing a black and white stripy t-shirt with a black buttoned denim skirt and white leather hightop converse.

JULIE DANES, 45, Skye's mother, who has a blonde bob, hazel eyes and a rectangle body shape is dressed in a pan suit. She runs an estate agent. She is sipping her coffee before work.

JULIE

Coffee and pastries for you.

SKYE

Awww, thanks mum.

JULIE

Your last day of sixth form.

SKYE

I can't quite believe it. Well I mean, I'm not fully done until my exams are passed.

JULIE

And the leaver's ball?

While they are talking, Skye is filling a cat bowl with dry food. A fluffy tuxedo cat comes running in for his food.

SKYE

You know that's not my sort of thing.

JULIE

You will regret not going.

SKYE

I really doubt that mum, you know I don't have many friends. I prefer to keep it low key. I have the whole 3 years of university to be a teenager.

JULIE

It's your call.

SKYE

Right, I better go.

Skye hurries to pick up her bag.

JULIE

Wait.

SKYE

What?

JULIE

I want to take a picture of you on your last day. I want to send it to your dad. He called the other day.

SKYE

Ugh fine.

Skye stops and poses for a photo.

SKYE (CONT'D)

Can I go now?

Skye picks up her bag again and runs out the door.

3 EXT. STREETS OF WIMBLEDON 3

Skye is sitting on the bus with her headphones in. A girl, TEAGAN MATTHEWS, brown wavy hair, brown eyes and an hourglass body shape comes and sits next to Skye.

TEAGAN

Boo.

SKYE

Seriously, how many times have I told you to quit sneaking up on me.