Chapter 14

Thanks so much for reading, I have tons of good stuff planned for chapters to come. I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while.....Well here's another chapter!

I followed Ivy out the cabin door and stared up at the sky. Stars glittered and the silver moon made shadows bounce off the nearby cabins. A gust of wind came out of no where and pushed me slightly backwards. I considered it for a minute but decided it was nothing. Ivy headed towards the stadium, where they were holding the campfire, and songs drifted through the air.

We walked behind everyone and made eye contact with Chiron. I looked back at Dean and Cas. They nodded and I took a breath. I took a step forward and the same strong gust of wind swept past me and I stumbled backwards. My stomach dropped to my feet and I got a horrible feeling that something bad was about to happen.

Cas ran up to me and asked, "Are you okay?"

I steadied myself and gripped his shoulder. "Cas, I don't know what's going on but something is about to happen, and it's not gonna be good." Dean looked at me and cocked his head to the side. "Look, I felt this gust of wind and that's what pushed me over. The second after I felt a sinking feeling in my stomach." Cas looked nervous and I let go of his shoulder. "I'm sorry, it might mean nothing and I'm just nervous or over-reacting."

Dean seemed to consider this," Yeah, I guess that's a good assumption, but we should keep weapons ready."

My hand slipped into my pocket and rested on my paperclip. We headed towards Chiron and stood next to him. All the campers were finishing up their s'mores. I took a deep breath and looked at Chiron. He nodded and walked in front of the campers. Talking ceased immediately and all eyes drifted onto the centaur.

The fire dropped down and turned a nervous blue. He cleared his throat and said, "Campers, as you all know there has been problems with the Hecate cabin and a quest has been proposed." He waved us over and we walked up to his side.

Eyes landed on us and I felt my face heat up, not because we were standing next to the fire. I can do this, I kept saying to myself. I looked up and faced the large crowd of campers and started,"Hecate has gone missing along with my friend Andrew. We know exactly who took both of them. Fae has them both captive somewhere-"

I'm interrupted by Cas,"I think I know where she has them. When I used to work with her she always used to tell me how much she wanted to go see the New York, and I think that's our best guess on where she has them."

I smiled and continued,"With Hecate being held captive your magic won't work. We're gonna try and find her and Andrew as soon as possible."

Someone from the crowd shouted," Why should you guys go? We all know what happened the last time Dean went on a quest!"

I looked over to Dean who gritted his teeth. "We've got it under control. It won't happen.......Plus we have a prophecy telling us that we need to bring him."

"Read it to us!" Another voice called out. I fumbled for the piece of paper in my pocket and pulled it out. I took a deep breath and was about to start when the fire blazed upward and roared. It switched colors immediately to a deep black. A face appeared out of the fire and looked down at me with dark gray eyes and a purple trim. Fae. "So you're Taylor, the one who wants to rescue her boyfriend. Oh, yeah and then there's Hecate. I have her locked up, and her magic? It's gone."

The campers gasped. I unfolded my paperclip and settled my knife in my hand. "We're not scared of you Fae and we're going to get Andrew and Hecate back."

Fae let out a laugh,"Puny demigod, you could never get past me, for my powers are too strong for some daughter of Zeus." I flinched at the name of my dad and the air filled with static. A lightning bolt blasted down from the sky and the campfire exploded into pieces. I stepped back, Did I do that? I stared in awe as the campfire re-built itself.

I turned back to the campers,"Now do you think we should go?" They turned and nodded. I looked back at Cas and Dean,"Come on, let's go pack. We should leave out in the morning."

I left without another word.

Thanks sooooooo much for reading and voting! I'm so sorry or not updating sooner, I had a bunch of end-of-the-year projects and there was one where we had to write a story and that basically sucked every idea out of my head. Anyways thanks again!

-Gabby