Chapter 4

I wake up the next morning, still encased in Julian's arms, so I gently pry myself free and walk into the bathroom, slipping on my tank top and panties. I run a brush through my hair, putting on more makeup before walking back into the room. I climb into bed and snuggle up close against Julian, pressing a kiss to his neck.

He stirs a bit before opening his eyes and smiling at me. "Hey."

"Hey, babe." I lean forward and give him a kiss.

He yawns. "So, what're we going to do today?"

I shrug. "I dunno, I kinda wanna stay in."

"Okay." He wraps his arms around me and pulls me close to him. "What do you want to do?" he asks.

I think for a moment before saying, "I wanna listen to music."

"Mmmkay." Julian grabs his phone and opens up his Spotify, and we just chill together, taking in the melodies and lyrics.

After a while, I say, "You know, I actually do feel like going out tonight at least." I look up at him. "How about you?"

He smiles. "I actually felt like going out when you said you didn't want to."

I laugh, giving him another kiss. "Awesome."

The day goes by slowly, as Julian had to go talk with his band about their upcoming show before going out for the night. So I get ready to go, wearing my crop top, sweatshirt, leggings, and skirt while putting my hair in a long braid. Then I realize I'm already late. At about nine, I head out of my apartment, locking it behind me as I make my way to the bar. It's already dark out, and it's starting to rain. I pull my hood up and keep walking, staring at the ground as I kick a pebble along my path.

Soon I make it to the bar, and quickly find Julian waiting for me. I give him a kiss hello, then grab a drink and listen to the band with him. We share a chair at a table, Julian letting me sit on his lap, my head resting against his shoulder. "So, I was talking with the guys," Jules says to me.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. We've got a tour coming up in a few weeks from now. We start in Miami, then go to Texas, then Washington, Nevada, and a few more maybe, then we're back in New York."

"Awesome, man."

"I asked if they'd have you come with, and they said that's cool."

I look up at him. "Really?"

He nods with a smile. "If you want to, that is."

I take a drink. "Of course I do, that rocks, babe."

"Good." He leans down and presses a kiss to my lips.

"So . . . I'd be like your guys' roadie?"

He leans his head back and laughs again. "Yeah, a roadie." He smirks and kisses me again. Later, he gets up and orders a few more drinks. I walk up to the bar with him, watching Julian and daring him to take more shots.

"Come on!" I urge him. "Just one more. I wanna see you wasted."

He laughs drunkenly and gives me a sloppy kiss before slamming one more glass. Then he leans back and holds his hand to his forehead. "Ahh, fuck!"

I put my hand on his back and give him a rub. "You okay?"

He nods and laughs again. "C—Can we go home now? I think—I think I'm drunk enough."

I smile and grab his hand, pulling him with me. "Of course, babe."

Julian wraps his arm around my shoulders for balance, so I hold his waist and laugh at him as he tries to form words. Soon we arrive at my apartment, so I unlock the door and push him onto my bed. "Try not to puke everywhere," I tell him with a smirk.

"Ooookay," he groans, taking off his leather jacket and pants, kicking off his boots.

I go to the bathroom and strip off my clothes, running a brush through my hair before putting on my tank top and new panties. As I walk back into the bedroom, Julian eyes me with hunger.

"Tsk tsk," I scold. "Not for you." I climb into bed next to him, folding the covers over him.

"Mmm, babe, you're like fucking candy . . ." he whispers, turning on his side to face me.

"But not your candy," I say, booping him on the head.

Not saying a word, he reaches under the covers and rubs his hand along my leg, up to my sensitive area.

I gasp a bit. "Julian!" I grab his hand and push it away, but he reaches to me again, moving his body closer. He slides his hand around my stomach, grabbing my waist and pulling me towards him. "Jules, come on," I whine.

"I can't quit you, Liz," he moans into my ear, playing with my hair. I take a deep breath, still trying to push him away. He presses his face into my chest, pressing kisses along my cleavage. I lean my head back and whisper, "J—Julian . . ."

He gives me one more kiss before licking a stripe from my chest to my neck, sending a shiver down my spine.

"You're drunk, Julian," I tell him, pushing him back.

But he just rolls over on top of me and pins me down, straddling my body. "Drunk on you," he sings.

"Julian, stop, I mean it," I order, pushing against his chest with my hands. He runs his fingers through my hair before leaning down and giving me a kiss, which makes me moan involuntarily. He leans back. "C'mon, babe, you're turning me on sooo much . . ."

Suddenly I'm too pissed to fight any longer. I give him a hard shove up, and then punch him square in the jaw. I don't stick around to make sure he's okay or anything; I am not getting myself into another abusive relationship.

I throw on my jacket and grab my bag before running out of the apartment and out into the cold night.

Leather bag over my shoulder, pocketknife in hand, I walk down the street at one in the morning, trying to find a place to stay. Then I remember where Julian's band studio is, so I head there for the night. Seeing lights on inside, I knock twice then step back. Soon the door opens and Nick shows up. "Hey, Lizzie, what's up?"

"Hi, I had a lot to drink, can I stay here for the night?"

"Where's Jules?"

"He's at—he's out for the night, somewhere."

"Oh. Come on in, it's cold out." He opens the door wider and lets me in, closing it behind me. "You can either have the guest room, or you could couch it," he tells me.

"I'd prefer the guest room if that's okay."

"Cool. First door on the left, let me know if you need anything."

"Thanks, Nick." I go into the bedroom and close the door behind me, tossing my bag to the floor and crawling into bed. I fall asleep almost instantly, but I don't know how I'll confront Julian the next day.