Chapter Six.

(A/n) I'm back to updating this story!!! Hope you guys love this chapter, it's short but important to understand the rest!!

Daniel walks into the dining room. A sleeping cat Max on his shoulder who is purring loudly. Seeming to be soundlessly asleep. Enjoying his comfortable spot on Daniel's shoulder.

"Is Max okay?" Seb asks the Aussie.

"Huh? Oh yea. He had a nightmare but I got him back to sleep. I'm worried about him though, honestly, he's mentally not doing to good." Daniel tells Seb.

Who sighs but allows the two to sit at the table, dropping the topic for now since it wouldn't be the best to nag the Dutchman at dinner or he wouldn't eat at all. But the adults, Mostly Seb and Kimi are worried about Max.

Daniel wakes up the sleeping kitten before Max yawns and shifts back into his human form to eat. Huge bags under his eyes as his skin looks pale and his eyes voided from emotions. He doesn't say anything before he gives them a small smile and patiently waits for his plate to be filled with food.

"You okay? You look really tired." Seb voices out his concerns to his kid.

"I feel tired." Max says bluntly.

Kimi hands out plates filled with food before Max's phone starts to buzz on the table. He can't help but freeze when the ID caller is his father. Hadn't he called him enough this week? Or did he need to shout at Max some more?

"Take the call. But on speaker." Seb says motioning to the phone.

Max feels his body freeze but seeing how Seb speaks with authority and a strict manner has Max do what he gets told. He takes the call and puts it on speaker. He fears that they will hate him if his father starts screaming at him. Think that he deserves it.

"What's up dad?" Max speaks with fear in his voice, cracking as he feels his hands shake.

"Speaking english now? Are we? Look here boy! You think you will get away with having red bull take me to trial for abusing you? You should be lucky I wasn't worse then I was! You're walking on thin ice here, if I get my hands on you, you won't be walking away from me unscathed! Am I clear Max? Call off that lawsuit or I will end your racing career in the most painful way I can!" Jos says before falling silent to have his son agree.

Seb feels his blood boil under his skin, so all those years of getting a gut feeling that Jos had been bad news all along. He should have gotten himself involved before it could have been this long. He knows Max for years now and he never took a closer look.

"Yes father." Max says softly.

"Remember who is in charge, boy! I will fucking kill you if you don't call it off and you don't fucking think that I wouldn't know that you sneaked into my security room? You're lucky I'm not home to skin you alive for it! You better not have taken any thing from it!" Jos continues with shouting.

Seb takes angrily the phone from Max's hands, Max feels his blood run cold and fear taking over him as he hates this feeling that people know about this. He feels tears roll down his cheeks before Daniel wraps his arms around Max and pulls him into his arms.

"Mister Verstappen!" Seb says over dramatically nice. "Is there any particular reason why your making Max cry and interrupting our dinner? I could have sworn that you were saying something mean to your son." Seb says.

"Die kleine klootzak, no, good night." Jos says before hanging up the phone.

Seb puts the phone on the table to see Max shaking in fear and trying to hold back the sobs. He gets up from his seat to pull Max's chair back and squad in front of the poor kid.

"It's fine, it's okay to cry. We're not judging you, we're here for you. You're safe, you're okay." Seb tells the kid before pulling him into his arms.

Seb hears Max sobbing loudly in his ears, his heart breaking for the man that went from a twenty three years old to a small scared child. No longer being the strong and confident boy that everyone sees on the track.

Seb jumps at the sudden loss of human that he is hugging. He almost falls forwards when he opens his eyes to see the small orange kitten with big tears on his face. Seb remembers when Christian told them that Max shifts out of emotions, and that Max admitted that it is easier to deal with emotions from a cat's perspective.

He picks up the cat and gets up onto his feet before he strokes Max's fur and takes him with him to sit in his chair to eat. Max meows softly in his ear and snuggles closer in his neck.

~~~~~~~

Seb takes purring Max into the living room, he tried to get Max to eat something but the kitten refused and rather stayed in his neck sleeping. Which Seb didn't mind and just let Max do what he needed to get comfort.

Most of the drivers joined them in the living room for some movies and popcorn to move away from what had happened at dinner with Jos and what he had said to Max. But also that they found out that Christian and Red bull had put a lawsuit against Jos for child abuse.

The kids settle on the movie the lion king, which wakes up Max almost immediately. Which has Kimi and Seb laugh and their heart swell with love. Max slides down from his neck and happily sits up on Seb's lap, watching intently at the tv. His tail wiggling in happiness and excitement.

"Someone is ready for the movie." Seb chuckles with a smile.

Everyone looks towards him with the cat wiggling his tail and watching the tv intently. Max gives them an innocent little meow, which has everyone giggle. The mess of dinner long forgotten as they all seem to enjoy the movie.

After five minutes into the movie does Max get up from Seb's lap to jump on the coffee table and move on to the tv furniture, jump on top and in front of the tv does he impersonate Simba to the point that he has it entirely choreographed.

It has most laughing at how cute Max is and has them falling of the couch when Max falls of the cabinet. Daniel gets up and picks up the crying kitten of the ground, licking his paw and hissing when Daniel wants to examine it.

But Daniel gives it a feather like kiss and let's Max sleep in his neck with a soft purring. It doesn't take long before Max is soundlessly asleep on his shoulder and decides to take the kitten to bed.

He puts Max on his bed, which has the orange kitten wake up and meow at him. Daniel quickly changes and climbs into be next to him. He knows that Max sleeps better as a cat. The less nightmares.

"You know it will be okay, we'll always be there for you. We'll always be on your side, we'll make sure your dad can't hurt you anymore. I promise you, he will never hurt you again." Daniel promises the sleeping kitten.

Or so he thinks, Max meows and gets up to butt his head against Daniel's chin before licking his chin softly with his rough cat like tongue. Before Max curls up against the Aussie and starts to purr against him.

"I promise you, Maxie. My little dutchman." Daniel says, scratching Max behind his ear.

A soft meow comes from Max before the purring comes back. He snuggles up with Max, knowing that the contact helps him calm down and keep the nightmares away. To him it feels like no one can hurt him anymore.