𝙧𝙤𝙤𝙛𝙩𝙤𝙥 | winter, aespa

-

-

It was Winter's first day as a freshman in high school. She insisted, or should I say pestered, her parents to send her to the same school as [name] unnie. The two girls have been close since they were little kids. After all, their apartments are just beside each other.

Since it's just the first day, they were sent home early. Winter grabbed her bag, sent good byes to some friends she made that day and to her homeroom teacher.

When she was walking out of the room, she was surprised to see [name] waiting for her.

The girl is leaning on the wall. She looks like a lost, sad puppy, just standing there while looking at her feet.

"Unnie!", Winter calls out with a bright smile.

Having heard the voice a million times, [name] immediately looked up to see the girl.

Her sad expression quickly changes to a happy one upon seeing the girl.

"Minjeong!", [name] called back. She hurriedly run towards the girl. Winter wrapped her arms around the older girl's shoulder while smiling widely at her.

"You took so long. I've been waiting for you.", [name] complained with a pout making Winter laugh a little.

"I'm sorry, unnie. Is that why you look sad a while ago?", Winter questioned.

[name] looked away and pursed her lips. "Well... that's one reason.", [name] said making Winter curious.

She didn't want to give more information, but when she heard nothing from Winter, she looked back at her just to see that the younger was staring back and waiting for her to continue.

 Defeated, she sighed deeply and continued. "Well... Hyunjin and I are having some problems.", she confessed. Upon hearing the name of the boy, Winter's mood turned gloomy.

Hyunjin is [name]'s boyfriend.

They had been together since the end of the last academic year. The boy kept hanging out with them during the summer, and it made Winter upset because he kept taking [name]'s attention away from her.

Every summer it was always just her and [name], but then suddenly this boy came in and ruined everything.

"Oh.. do you want to talk about it?", Winter asked. Even though she doesn't like their relationship, of course [name] is still her friend and she wanted to always be there for her.

"Nope.. It's fine.", [name] dismissed, smiling softly to reassure Winter.

"You sure?", Winter asked, still worried.

"Yep! Let's go! The sun is setting and we have to go to the rooftop to see the stars!", [name] excitedly said. She runs while holding Winter's hand, making the girl run with her.

"You kept asking me to see the stars every day for 13 years! Aren't you getting tired of the stars?" Winter asked while running, taking pauses in between phrases to catch her breath.