Some things we will not forget (KageHina)

The sun glimpsed through the leaves of the cherry trees in front of Karasuno High School, making them shine like flaming wood. Hinata found it weird that even though it had rained cats and dogs just a few minutes ago now was the almost the perfect weather for autumn. The school bell rang over the schoolyard students flooded out of the gates minutes later but Hinata fortunately had escaped just a few minutes earlier.

Apparently his teacher was so done with this class she decided to finally give up. There really was no chance to make Hinata learn English since all he could think about were Volleyball and food. Especially meat buns.

Hinata shook his head. Volleyball. Morning practice didn't go as planned. It actually sounded so weird and wrong as Hinata recalled the events.

It already started as the worst morning possible because a certain asshole named Kageyama was absent consequently Hinata had nobody to race with. Hinata ground his teeth definitely not because of the race; or that he missed Kageyama.

No, it simply was practice was kinda frustrating without him.

Don't get him wrong, Hinata knew that sometimes even the idiot Kageyama was sick and he of course could manage on his own but it was just – was volleyball boring without Kageyama?

Honestly, how on earth could volleyball be boring? It was volleyball. Also there were Tanaka-senpai and Nishinoya-senpai, who received Asahi's serve right on with his face. Yamaguchi, who was actually just a saltshaker like Tsukishima.

But it was just so - ?

Yeah, Sugawara-senpai has been on the team for three years and resembled a mighty pillar of strength for all the players. Still, he wasn't Kageyama.

To be honest why did Hinata even care? Since a whole month this idiot has been ignoring him. Not a single set for Hinata from Kageyama for over for five weeks, not a single time he could spike Kageyamas balls, not a single weird quick, not a single time minus tempo.

The first two weeks Hinata craved for these things, his heart fluttered at the mention of volleyball, everyday a bit less until it finally stopped. The next two weeks Hinata put all his efforts in practicing receives. Tsukishimas' crappy serves were a piece of cake even for a face receiver like Hinata. After Nishinoya-senpai gave him a few instructions Hinata could also manage Asahis' hard and mighty balls. But expert float pincher Yamaguchi challenged the middle blocker too much.

It wasn't like Hinata to give up and he didn't and he didn't want to. However every training match, no matter against which team, broke his pride over and over again. Hinata wanted to fight but could he even fly without Kageyama?

„Hinata? Why the fuck are you standing here in front of the gym? Practice already started?", Yamaguchi pushed Hinata into the gym.

„Kageyama, why is he ignoring me? Why can't I fly?", Hinata wanted to know.

„Hinata", Yamachi started, „Kageyama isn't here, not anymore."

Hinata ran.

Kageyama heard the ball hitting the gym's floor. A straight serving ace. Just like Oikawas'. Five weeks ago he would have laughed at that statement. Not even Ushiwaka could compete with the quality of Oikawa's serves, maybe there was more strength behind them but the precision in with the ball landed was Oikawas profession.

But practice frustrated Kageyama, training matches and official matches frustrated and disappointed Kageyama. He had been getting better, why did his sets not reach his spikers anymore?

Salty-shima has never been an attacker, not from Kageyamas point of view. Tsukishima was a literal wall that kept their opponents away. Still once or twice he hit a ball and scored. Even though Tsukishima somehow looked displeased at Kageyama thinking his sets were too perfect.

Tanaka slammed the ball down like he tried to assassinate the other team, the rooster head from Nekoma almost got beheaded once, maybe twice.

He only set to Asahi when everyone else lost hope to win. Not because Tanaka, Tsukishima or Sawamura were second-class teammates but Asahi was reliable just like Nishinoya. Maybe Nishinoya would have been a great spiker. He would have been a lot like Hinata.

Since Hinata left him, Ukai only subbed Kageyama in for serves. Otherwise Karasu was unable to win. Kageyama let them fall, killed his teammates dreams.

Every time Kageyama set a ball it was too high or too fast, too impossible to reach. The weird quick only worked with Hinata and Kageyama craved this kind of challenge. However Karasuno had other attacks: the two setters attack, the sync attack and of course they had their ace.

So it was less about the lack of the weird quick but more about Hinata's absence.

Kageyama yelled at Tanaka for missing several balls during practice but this was a usual thing. Maybe Kageyama has been a bit stressed during the last five weeks. No, the situation escalated during a match between Karasuno and Aobei Johsei. Asahi jumped while Kageyama set the ball. A bit too short, Asahi never got such a ball from Kageyama, consequently it dropped on their court.

Kageyama screamed, ran to Asahi and yanked him at his collar, throwing him too the ground. Nishinoya and Tanaka held Kageyamas' arms, guiding him to the bench. Thankfully it hasn't been an official match but Kageyama realized he truly was the king of the court. Kunimi and Kindaichi were right. Tsukishima was right. And Hinata failed.

„What are you doing there king? Are you really waiting for the peasants to arrive?", mocked Tsukishima.

„When is Hinata coming back?", Kageyama mumbled.

„Are you really that stupid? Hinata left, for – ev – er", Tsukishima put on his glasses, „Did not really believe that the tyrannic king has emotions."

Kageyama stared at Tsukishima, he shifted his gaze outside and ran.

The school building was nothing but a flare in the back of his eye, soon long gone behind. The streets turned from familiar and cozy into unfamiliar and threatening. However Kageyama never stopped. He needed to find Hinata. Kageyama didn't know where he was but he know that Hinata was near.

Hinata ran through the streets of Miyagi, looking for Kageyama, he sensed his setter out here.

There was no special place they found each other. Just Kageyama wrapping his arms around Hinata: „I don't remember dying."

„But I remember missing you", finished Hinata leaned forwad, pulling Kageyama to his level. The moment their lips brushed together Kageyama lifted Hinata into his arms, deepening the kiss.