7 ~ You are getting engaged

Start from the beginning

Kabir's POV

"If you still miss me just give me a call and----"

"Don't bump into the closed door while running to me. They are your biggest enemy" Kiyaara completed the sentence for her mother. This made me laugh along with the duo.

Meera closed her eyes shut and rubbed her temple. She got up and sat on the bed and Kiyaara followed princess. I quietly sat on the opposite stool when angel said,

"Maa you said that you never took me sightseeing but see this"

She came up with a decorative photo album and pointed at a picture where my princess and angel were standing in Rome

"I just told you once I wanted to see that place and the next morning I got up from bed to see we were in a room exactly opposite the place. You fulfill my every wish Maa and even without me telling you about my dreams you fulfill them. Maa, remember, I wanted a new pencil box but I forgot to ask you and the next day on the bedside there was a barbie pencil box with a full bag of stationery. How did you know?" she asked.

I understood what my daughter was trying to do. She was indeed a kid but she understood her mother very well. She knew how princess would never give herself credit for the things she does for her loved ones. She knew how to raise her mother's spirit when she felt low. Not every daughter has to be a teenager or an adult to tell her mother all the right things. God never leaves his kids alone, he blesses them with people who support them despite their age, gender, or rationality. Kiyaara was the hope of Meera's life.

Princess smiled and said "Precious, you don't know that I check your bag daily and I found the hole in your pouch that day so I got the hint"

She smiled and asked innocently "Will dadi or Chachi notice it?"

Meera frowned and said, "Why not?"

I know what my angel was trying to make my princess realize. One can be surrounded by relatives but nobody can replace a mother and never a mother like Meera.

"Will they get me a new one without even asking me?" Angel asked. I did not disturb their conversation and kept on admiring them.

Meera nodded and said "They will even give you a chance to select unlike me"

Haan, Haan...Aur koi galti Reh Gayi ho khud ki vo Bhi ginvaado (Yes, yes...state more of your shortcoming if they are left)

"Yes, they will take me to the shop and let me select unlike you who gets my favorite without even telling me"

Meera smiled at angel's sharp brain. She continued "Dad will never scold me or punish me like you do not because he loves me more than you but because your way of punishment is uni..Qu..unishique..."

"Unique", Meera corrected.

She continued "Nobody will punish me with shopping trips ma, nobody will punish me with no school days...My friend's mother locks her in a dark room to punish her and you don't even raise your voice at me"