Chapter 25

Trip To Hell

***

♡︎☯︎☘︎☯︎♡︎

Nolan pov

I overheard the conversation between Iris and Liam. Louis was standing across from me as we listened in.

"I. Like. Louis. Not him." Iris admitted strictly.

I looked over to him and his eyes were as wide as tennis balls. I walked over to his side and patted his shoulder.

"Thanks for taking care of her." I smiled weakly and walked away.

"Nolan. Nolan!" He whisper yelled, but I didn't look back. It really stung deep. It shattered me in places I made sure not even my friends were to reach.

But I wasn't going to let that stop her from hearing the truth. If we couldn't be together, we'd at least be friends. Right?

♡︎☯︎☘︎☯︎♡︎

Iris pov

Two days later and we were on the bus, making our way to the camp we were heading to. I sat in the back seat, alone. That's until Nolan came to sit next to me, but I just ignored him all the way. He didn't say anything to me.

"Okay everyone. While we are on our way, I decided we should make something of this long and boring trip. So I will assign you to your group now."

He started naming everyone until all that was left was me, Nolan, Denis and Louis.

"Denis and Louis for duet. Iris and Nolan for duet. You four will be together for the group activities. That's it. Enjoy the rest of the trip." The coach sent a smile to everyone and sat back down in the front bus seat.

I looked over to Nolan but he was listening to music, his eyes closed. He looked so peaceful. Suddenly the words my brother whispered to me came rushing back and I blushed. I looked over to Louis' side. He was seated next to Denis that was busy on his phone, watching rugby.

Louis was looking at me and I quickly looked away. I stared at the scenery outside the window.

It was 10am in the morning and we started this trip at 7am. I fell asleep not soon after and to my surprise, I was in a deep slumber. I usually find it hard to fall asleep in public places, even in class.

♡︎☯︎☘︎☯︎♡︎

Louis pov

After discovering that Iris had feelings for me, I felt guilty. I didn't like her that way. But at the same time, I doubted she even liked me. She never looked at me the way she looked at Nolan. Even now.

After being told the groups we were assigned to, Iris turned to face Nolan who was long gone since the start of this trip. She suddenly blushed and looked away before looking in my direction. She first looked at Denis and then me. When she noticed I was looking, she looked away and stared out the window.

It wasn't long until she fell asleep. Her head fell a little forward before she sat straight again. It slowly fell to her left and landed on Nolan's shoulder. It stayed there. Nolan didn't even budge as he was in a deep slumber.

I so need a photo of this. I pulled Denis' phone out of his hands and opened his camera as he let out an annoyed groan. I snapped a pick of it and he noticed now why I seemed so eager. A smirk formed on our lips and we nodded to each other.

This trip might just be the best to ever happen. Mission 2.0. Here we go.

♡︎☯︎☘︎☯︎♡︎

Nolan pov

I woke up as we got to a bumpy road. I felt something on my shoulder and looked over to see a sleeping Iris. My earpods beeped, indicating it was going to go off now and I quickly put it away carefully.

Iris started moving so I pretended to be asleep and closed my eyes.

♡︎☯︎☘︎☯︎♡︎

Iris pov

I was woken by the sound of rocks shooting against metal and a rough road. I slowly opened my eyes and noticed I was sleeping on a shoulder. I instantly shot up and looked at Nolan. He seemed sound asleep but he didn't have his earpods in anymore. He probably woke up halfway through my slumber and saw me sleeping.

Damn it.

We came to a stop and Nolan woke up. Everyone got out, including me and Nolan. We stood infront of a big wooden house and a big sign infront of it. Emerald forest camp. The forest was literally as green as emerald.

We arrived. I stretched a bit, my back cracking as I did so. That sure was a long ride since it was 12am now.

We were told to follow a ranger that worked here and they took us to a camp site that was deeper down the road and past a few trees.

We were then to go into our groups and wait for further instructions. It was quiet between us all.

"Are you going to ignore us again or actually talk this time?" Denis questioned toward Nolan.

"I'm not that bad, am I?" He asked with a smirk. The three of them cheered and did a boyish handshake before hugging each other.

"Good to see you not being under the influence of your hawk eye of a girlfriend." Louis Joked.

"Not my girlfriend." Nolan sighed.

I was confused as to why they were all chatting like everyday friends.

"Should we tell Iri-" Denis was about to say my name but Nolan stopped him with a deep 'no'.

"No. Not yet." He shook his head and looked at me.

"Wow. You realised I'm standing beside you. Well done. Not." I sarcastically apllauded, ignoring my curious thoughts that wondered what it was they so badly wanted to tell me and that seemed so important that Nolan had to say 'not yet'.

Gosh, I hate my brain.

Eventually the ranger came back and gave us our task we were given to finish in less than 20 minutes.

Lord save me.