Chapter 12

Prison turns to Torture

***

I found the classroom...But now I wish that I could have just maybe got another classroom to sit detention in. Even if it was in fricking hell next to Lucifer. No, I'm just joking. But really...Anywhere but here.

"Look who joined the party. I was expecting you. We all were. Except for you Denis. Pay up." Nolan ordered as he held out his hand in front of his friend he called Denis, with a proud smirk.

Denis groaned as he rummaged around in his pocket for, what seemed to be, money before pulling out $20 and handing it to Nolan with an annoyed expression that was clearly directed toward Nolan and Nolan only.

He had messy dark brown hair and chocolate brown eyes, sprinkled with extremely tiny black dots that made his eyes seem full of more life and more playfulness. He had the slightest bit of an eye bag under both eyes.

"You can cut the tough act. I think we both know that you can never be mad at me no matter how hard you try." Nolan claimed with a proud smirk and a wink sent in Denis's direction.

"Whatever." Denis groaned in a deep fierce tone, but it was barely even a second later that he started to crack up a smile on his perfect red lips that were darkened in the outer corners of his mouth.

"Are you still going to hold that party on Saturday?" Some other guy said. He was the complete opposite of Denis in all ways possible. His voice was much more gentle and almost careful. He had black curly hair that was twisted in all directions, a few strands lazily dangling over his face. He had piercing blue eyes that you could drown into more and more with every second that passes by.

"One. We're not holding it at my house but Denis's. Two. Yeah. Why?" Nolan stated in an oblivious tone as his head falls a little more back, his smirk never leaving his stunning face that God took time to perfect in all the right places and angles.

"Need to know when to show up and when not." He replied with a small smile that easily exposed the one small dimple on his left cheek which I found it extremely adorable.

By the way. Does the teacher not care about what they talk ab-. Oh.

"Uhm... Sorry to interrupt the interesting conversation you all were having but isn't there supposed to be a teacher or someone keeping an eye on us?" I questioned nervously, everyone's heads turning in my direction.

"Yup. But he is usually... Nowhere to be seen. Either in the bathroom or having to attend an important and sudden meeting or... Nowhere." Denis said with a playful yet bored smirk. His bored and unentertained eyes scanned me before lighting up as they seemed to have found their entertainment.

"My dear friend. Why have you not told your dearest ol' buddy that you have found quite the jaw-dropping young lady?" Denis inquired like some formal, rich, psychopath of a guy from the movies. Like... Damon Salvatore. Iconic.

"Jaw-dropping? I don't know where you bumped your head but I don't see anything jaw-dropping about her. And easy. When there's a new student, go to the men's bathroom." Nolan casually replied while sending me a disgusted yet teasing smirk that has still not left that annoying face of his.

"Men's bathroom?" The mysterious boy questioned warily. "Yup. They all like to be blind and walk into the men's bathroom on their first few days here. Or so far it seems. But I'm in on the hunch that they rather like to stalk us." He whispered the last part toward the two boys, but loud enough for me to hear, all while his hand is covering his mouth by the side of his face.

"I heard that. And NOT true." I stated, beginning to get very annoyed by Nolan spilling all the things I would have liked to stay on my 'keep secret' list for the rest of my boring human life on this magnificent planet earth. Not even the gods are allowed to know.

"Then admit that you're blind." He said in a deep matter-of-fact husky voice that reminded me of sweet honey. It was the first time I heard this tone of voice from him and it surely sent shivers down my spine. I didn't know whether I was supposed to be scared of his tone or to fall into it. I guess I was inbetween with a little bit of my stubbornness mixed along.

"Once again, I'm not blind. Maybe you should rather stop looking at your point of view and look from mine instead. Spoiler alert. You are a total perverted idiot that was born with some kind of unknown disease that makes you hallucinate your well-being instead of others'." I sarcastically spit at him. I didn't even know what I said or if it even had an impact but the reaction I got from the boys said it all.

"Oooooooh~ damn. You just got roasted slash toasted in the volcano of a mature woman." Denis teased the now dumbfounded and speechless Nolan that sat with his mouth agape and his eyes almost popping out. The only thing or sound that was able to leave his mouth was a small chuckle, followed by a scoff.

"Why don't you sit down? I think me and Denis here would love to get to know you more." The boy, whose name still stays unknown, chuckled as he stared at me with bright and loving eyes that the sun portrayed so magnificently.

"Oh. Sure?" I nervously giggled, pulling out a chair that was positioned in front of him and sitting down.

"What's your name?" He questioned in a silky voice, his eyes reflecting the outlines of my body. Denis was leaning closer to us, clearly curious about a few things and wanting to ask me. Nolan had his grumpy face plastered on with a frown and his arms were crossed across his chest as he lazily leans back into the chair while staring at me and his two friends that seemed to have betrayed him in one way or another.