"Such a failure. Did you honestly think you could protect them? You were always weak. You always will be weak." The Scythe said.

I tried to speak, but no words escaped my lips as I desperately tried to breathe. My eyes fell to his right hand as he raised it.

"Goodbye, Lance." The Scythe said.

The Scythe gave me one last grin before he thrust his hand forward into my chest.

My eyes shot open as I breathed heavily. I was currently lying down in bed inside my tent, drenched in sweat. I could still feel the pain from the scythe stabbing me in the chest as I lay there.

'That was one hell of a dream.'

As I continued to lay there, I became conscious of the weight of someone lying next to me. I looked to my left, and my eyes fell on Tess as she slept next to me. She had her head lying on my left shoulder, and her arm was lying across my chest. I smiled with relief, seeing her, feeling her warm body me as we were in the tent by ourselves.

Sylvie decided she wanted to stay in her own tent, so Tess and I could be alone with each other more often. I made Regis stay with Sylvie, even though he wanted to stay with Tess and me. He said it wasn't fair he had to miss the action.

I carefully began to trace my finger along her bare back, as neither of us were wearing any clothes after our lustful night. I leaned down, gently placing a kiss on the top of her head. I felt Tess stir a little, and she smacked her lips.

"Good morning," Tess said in a tired voice as she still had her eyes closed.

My lips trembled hearing the angelic voice of hers. The dream felt too real; to hear Tess talk, to hear her breathe, it gave me a sense of peace.

"Good morning," I said blissfully.

Tess lifted her head, and slowly opened her eyes, revealing her beautiful emerald gems, "Are you ok? You feel tense."

I gave her a small smile as I continued to trace her back, feeling her shiver a little. I continued to stare into her eyes, getting lost in their beauty, a beauty I never wanted to lose.

My smile faded, and I looked at Tess seriously, "Hey, Tess. If I ask you to go back and stay at the floating castle, to leave the war, would you?" I asked, though I already knew the answer.

Tess' eyebrows furrowed, "Why would you ask me to do that? You know I can take care of myself. Do you not think I'm strong enough or something? I've been fighting in the war for a while now already." Tess said a little defensively.

"I know. And I know it's selfish of me to ask. It's just..." my voice trailed off, with my gaze flicked down.

"Just what?" Tess asked with a raised brow.

"I had a nightmare," I said, shivering a little, thinking about the dream. "It was about the Scythes I told you about. We were attacked by one, and you were killed in front of me. It felt so real. I felt so helpless." My eyes flicked back to Tess, feeling slightly warm, "I don't know what I would do if something ever happened to you."

Tess' gaze softened, and she gave me a warm smile. Tess lifted herself a little as she laid herself on top of me. I continued to rub her back, feeling her breasts lying against my chest. My lips broke into a warm smile as we gazed into each other's eyes.

Tess lifted her hand, gently caressing my face, "I know you're worried about me. I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried about you, too, even if you are a lance. So how about this? Let's promise to watch each other's backs and make sure we come out of this war alive. Then we can spend the rest of our lives together."