Chapter 15: Hospital secrets

Start from the beginning

"YOU BLOODY IDIOT!" She hit my good arm (with her good arm) multiple times, with an angry look. I flinched away quickly, knowing her temper very well by now.

"You could've died! What were you THINK- ING?!" Wood, Fred and George landed quickly and Wood held her back from hitting me again.

"This must be your best catch yet Harry!" Fred beamed, clapping my good arm brotherly.

"That sure was impressive!" George mirror- ed Fred's look.

"Out of the way!" I heard a cheery voice yell to the Geyffindor spectators who'd come to see the team.

"Oh for God's sake," Lucy sighed irritably when she saw Lockart advance. "Not him!"

"Now boy, that is definitely broken!" He said, taking my broken arm, making me wince. "Lucky I know an excellent spell for that!

"Like hell you're treating that," Lucy scoffed, trying to pry him off. "He has to see Madam Pomfrey, she's the bloody school nurse!"

"Please professor-" I tried, but Lucy had taken over the conversation.

"Now now, silly girl, have a little faith!"

"Why should I?!"

"Professor, I really think they should go to Madam Pomfrey as well," Wood cut through. He looked torn between being beyond excited about the win and being worried for his seeker and chaser.

"Nonsense!" He turned to me again and took out his wand. "Now, allow me!"

"No, he doesn't allow you!" Lucy stumped up to him, but she was too late: he had already done his 'spell'.

For a moment, I thought it worked: the pain had stopped. But when I moved it, my arm felt very weird, like rubber.

"WELL BRILLIANT. NOW HIS ARM'S NOT BROKEN, IT JUST DOESN'T HAVE BONES AT ALL!" Lucy yelled at Lkckart, wjo backed away veryquickly, together with everyone else.

"Well, that can happen sometimes, now little girl-"

"Don't. You. Dare." She looked at him with so much fire, that Lockart backed away again immediately, fear in his eyes.

"If you so much as look at my wrist, I swear I'll beat the shit out of you."

"Lucy," I whispered warningly. "He's still a teacher."

"Let's go get you both to the hospital wing," Lockart said carefully. Ron, who had joined too, helped me up, nodded.

Lockart seemed too reluctant to touch Lucy or force her to come, so he just nodded and she came too, followed by Hermione, Van- essa, Liliana Shacklebolt and Ginny.

"Harry, are you OK?" Hermione asked with a worried look at my arm.

"Now your new favorite teacher isn't so good anymore is he?" Ron mocked her.

"He was your favourite teacher?!" Lucy exclaimed incredulously. "Hermione, he's the most brainless grown-up I've met!"

"People make mistakes," Hermione defen- ded in a cold manner.

*~*

Lucy's POV:

I couldn't believe that Hermione Granger, one of the smartest girls I knew, liked Gilderoy Lockart, a first-class idiot if you asked me.

"Oh dear!" Poppy Pomfrey cried when she saw my wrist. "This is bad. Really bad..."

"Wait, you can fix it right?" Ginny asked anxiously. "Is it that badly hurt?"