thirty-six

The next morning, Steve was gently shaking Y/n awake. She just grumbled and slapped him, it was too early to be awake. Steve sighed "Babe, c'mon, we've got work." He said gently.

Y/n pulled the covers over her head grumpily "No." She mumbled.

The night before Y/n found it hard to sleep, almost like how it was most nights. Nightmares. Ever since Will first went missing, they plagued her mind. Sometimes they were bad, sometimes they didn't happen, and sometimes they seemed too real.

Sometimes the dreams were about her dad, or any of the kids. Steve too. Y/n would wake up in a cold sweat, breathing heavily. Whenever she'd get shaken awake from her nightmares, Steve would feel her move and wake up with her.

Once again Steve sighed and gently pulled the covers off his girlfriend "Y/n, c'mon we can't be late." He pushed, "I made coffee." He added.

Y/n groaned and sat up, her hair a mess "Fine, fine." She mumbled.

Steve let out a sigh of relief, he was already dressed in his scoops outfit. He was normally the first one up, out of the two. And he was always up early.

Y/n grabbed her scoops uniform, while Steve walked out of the room. Quickly Y/n changed into uniform, and did her hair and a little bit of makeup. She looked at the clock on Steve's bedroom wall, and frowned. Another hour till they had work.

When she got downstairs, Steve was filling two vacuum flasks full of coffee. He looked back hearing Y/n and smiled "Added just what you wanted to it, baby." He said handing it to her.

Y/n smiled tiredly "Thank you." She mumbled "Can we stop and get breakfast?" She asked.

Steve nodded "Of course." He said kindly grabbing his own flask full of coffee.

"Thank god." Y/n mumbled in relief as the two left the house.

The day continued to move. And later on Steve was in the back, while Y/n and Robin worked up front. Robin had noticed how sluggish Y/n was today, along with her constant coffee drinking.

"You okay?" Robin asked scooping some icecream into a cone for some guy.

Y/n nodded "Just a little tired." She mumbled shaking her head, handing the guy his change.

Robin gave the guy his icecream "Have a good day." She said, before looking to Y/n "You sure?"

"It's still early morning, give me a few more hours and I'll be in tip top shape." Y/n said with a smile.

Robin shrugged and leaned back back on the counter "Yeah, fair point. Only god knows why people want icecream at 10am." She scoffed.

Y/n laughed "Crazy people, or children." She said shrugging, leaning up against the counter next to Robin.

"So, what'd you and lover boy do last night?" Robin questioned, she had been so invested in their relationship. She found them so cute together.

"Watched some movies, ate dinner, went to bed." Y/n answered honestly.

Robin raised a brow "Nothing else?" She asked nudging her friend, with a suggestive look.

Y/n rolled her eyes and looked over at her friend "You're very curious, Rob." She said, pushing herself off the counter as two people came in "Ahoy, what can I get you two today?"