thirty-five

"When does Dustin get back?" Steve asked scooping up some Ice cream for some kids, while Y/n was counting their change.

The two were upfront again, while Robin was in the back doing stock again. This time they had a shipment of cones, bananas, and scoops bowls come in.

Y/n smiled handing the little girl her change "He gets in today, but he's gonna be pretty busy with the others." She explained, "He'll probably come by tomorrow, he hasn't forgotten about us."

Steve handed the girls their ice cream "Have a nice day." He said kindly as they walked away, he then looked to Y/n "He better not, that little shit, leaves us for a whole month." He grumbled shaking his head.

Y/n laughed and walked over grabbing his hand "He was only gone a month." She said.

She loved the bond Dustin and Steve had, it was hilarious and adorable. The two of them had definitely gotten closer, especially since the events of last year. Steve had gotten closer to all the kids in general, but mostly El and Dustin.

Steve sighed "I really hate to say it, but I miss that little shit." He mumbled as two girls approached.

"Oh, I know you do believe me." Y/n said patting his back "You got this hot stuff? I wanna go check in on Robin." She said shaking her head.

"Yeah, of course." Steve said with a smile, leaning over to press a quick kiss to her lips.

Y/n smiled and walked into the back room, closing the door behind her. Robin sat at the small table, with her feet propped up on it. She was picking at her nails, and then chewing them but looked up and stopped when Y/n walked in.

"Finish stock all ready?" Y/n asked walking over and sitting down in the other chair.

Robin laughed and shook her head "Oh, definitely not." She said "Just taking a break, but it's half done."

Y/n sighed "If we get anymore shipments I might cry." She said.

"Me too. But hey, it keeps all of us busy." Robin pointed out picking at her nails again.

Y/n nodded "You make a good point." She said shrugging.

"Where's lover boy?" Robin asked raising a brow.

Y/n smiled "Probably trying to sell banana boats to these poor girls." She answered shrugging.

Robin gasped and scrambled to her feet "Why didn't you say anything sooner!" She gasped, running over to the small hanging whiteboard.

The whole reason Steve was trying so hard to sell banana boats, was because of this little competition the two had. Well it was more about Steve's ego. Robin threw the two windows open, and held the board out of sight. Y/n walked over and stood at her side, excited to see how this all went down.

"Alrighty, one scoop of chocolate. That's a buck-twenty-five." Steve said handing a pretty dark skinned girl her ice cream, "Anything else? Maybe a banana boat?" He suggested.

"Oh god." Y/n sighed face palming.

The girl said nothing, and handed Steve the cash. Her friend was beside her, licking her icecream mindlessly "Ooh, purdue." He said "Fancy."

"Yeah, I'm excited." The girl said with a smile, while her friend looked up her eyes darting between the two.

"Yeah." Steve chuckled "You sure you don't want a banana boat? They're probably one of the best things here." He urged smiling "I don't get why people don't get them more, I mean sure they're normally not made this way. But still good." He ranted.

The dark skinned girl sighed, as Steve ranted. She brought her icecream up to her mouth, and began licking it with a slightly annoyed look. Her friend just stared at him with a dreamy look, but continued her icecream. Robin looked over at Y/n, cringing at the sight in front of her.