Eleven: Morbid Seduction

“Evil men always want to justify what they do,” she says. “And it’s not by telling you all their reasons. No . . . they want to push you, and bend you, and break you until you snap. Until you do something you thought you’d never do. Until you can’t even recognize yourself. Until you’re as bad as they are. That’s how they justify themselves . . . by trying to make you the same as them.”

-Sophie Lark "There Are No Saints"

"Nightmares"

By: WE ARE FURY

After the mountain blew, but before the desert.

-K

C A M I L L E

I ran my fingertips along her spine, following the curve of her waist beneath the sheets, enraptured at the goosebumps erupting afterwards. I knew she wasn't sleeping, both by her quick heartbeat and the way her thighs were slick. Arousal thickened between us and I smiled, replacing my fingers with my lips, watching those goosebumps turn to moans.

She turned, the sheet falling from her muscled frame. Normally I liked my women slight and pale, like twigs you could break and still play with. Yet with her, the sight of her toned body and muscled arms was never a turn-off. The breath in my chest half-halted when her long lashes swept up and those gemstone green eyes glittered at me. My body ached, my canines sharpened and slid down, nicking my bottom lip. Her eyes flickered to yellow like gas rising from a fire, her nostrils flaring at the scent of my blood. I bared my neck to her, feeling the bed nearly vibrate as a growl ripped through the air followed by the tearing of fabric. I watched with fascination as her muscles boiled and bunched beneath her skin, her wolf fighting it's way out. A peculiar scent of almonds filled the air and she snarled, curling inward. She had become increasingly more.......well let's just say, demanding. I shut down my arousal as my demon roared at me to take her in every way I could.

Despite having buried myself in her many times, we'd encountered a slight problem. Emilee's wolf was six steps ahead of us, and fully ready to birth a litter of half-breeds. She however, was terrified of that outcome and I had yet to find the reason why. My little wolf has shut me out for the time-being, and at first I thought Azalea's birthing had been too much for her, yet as time grew on I realized that Emilee was not so easily breakable, and had long lost her sickness for gruesome sights.

No. It was something else, something her mind wouldn't let her forget.

I solidified my expression as she leapt off the bed, her back to me, still bucking and rolling as she fought it. I wondered for so long why she fought it, why she forced herself to feel the pain of each breaking bone knitting itself back together again, until our first night together. It was then that I saw the darkness inside her, and I broke it free. Forcing my demon aside, I slid from the bed and in a blink stood in front of her.

She wouldn't look at me, her entire body trembling beneath my fingers as I tilted her chin up. My gaze searched her sharp jawline and plump lips, her eyes burning yellow, the pupil contracting. Her cheeks were pushed out slightly, the outline of her canines present. I tilted her head as my mouth came down and she unleashed that fury on me, her fingernails turning to claws against my back when I picked her up and set her against the wall, her legs secured behind me as my magic fired up.