Chapter 5

1 sucky week later
The text messages haven't stopped. I haven't told anyone. I got one Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, none on Saturday, 2 on Sunday, Monday, and today's Tuesday and I have to get one.
I'm on the bus right now. Since I don't think or talk to people on the bus I just press my forehead against the window and watch the houses pass.
I see people walking. I feel fully content without someone talking to me and breathing down my neck. I'm trying to be happy.
But....Mrs. Unknown wasn't helping.
She texted some people mean things.
Wednesday: were those boots from the trash can around back of the school today?
Thursday: there's gotta be something you can do to fix that hair...
Friday: you and mrs. Babs had the same outfit on today
Sunday #1: I miss ya! Not! No one does
Sunday #2: Are you gonna respond?! Or are you to chicken?
Monday: how's your dead dad?! The one you killed?!
When I look at the messages I see then get worse and worse the farther they go.
On Monday, yesterday, I did something I've never done before.
I really let the text get to me.
It churned in my stomach.
The fake ness of it all made me sick.
So, I responded
Who are you?
It was just a small question that I needed to know. I wanted to know who they were. She still hasn't responded yet.
Maybe she do sent have the guts, or maybe she just hasn't got onto her phone yet.
Either way, I don't care.
I know she got it.
And I know I stood up for myself a little bit replying.
After I said something the rude some good didn't even bug me that much.
I knew it wasn't true, so I felt better.
I grabbed my headphones from my back pack and my iPhone.
I had 5 more minutes including all the pick ups so I stuck my headphones in my ears and plugged them into my phone.
I went to the music app.
Hmm....I need a powerful song...
I clicked on the so inspiring Jessie J and looked at the songs I had from her.
I clicked on masterpiece, and let the music wash over me.

I still fall on my face sometimes

And I can't colour inside the lines

'Cause I'm perfectly incomplete

I'm still working on my masterpiece

And I, I wanna hang with the greats

Got a way to go, but it's worth the wait

No, you haven't seen the best of me

I'm still working on my masterpiece

I smiled as the bus stopped to a halt and remembered the words to make my day be a little bit easier.
I would remember these words for the rest of the day...
And maybe again...I could stand up to Miss. Unknown.
-----
Jessless chapter!! Sorry if was shorter than my others. It was just kinda a filed chapter showing about how the text messages are still coming and she more or less stood up to one. Thanks so much for reading!
I love my readers so much!
Stay strong and beautiful💓

One New Messageजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें