Character Profile: Soleil

Get to know the woman behind the schemes and machines ^^. This profile is based on given information from Volume One and will update as the story flows along. Come back here once in a while to see if anything changes.

★★★

Soleil Rheingold [Sunlit Sagacity]
"A notable scholar who has collective prestige all across Teyvat. She always seems to be able to provide an answer to the mysteries you encounter in your journey."

[Profile]
Birthday: 9/11
Affiliation: ???
Vision: Electro (destroyed)
Constellation: Cygnus

Character Details
She is one who ran across the ruins of countless fallen kingdoms. She is one who withstood the 'Judgment' that not even gods could be exempted. She is one who descended into the age of darkness. She is one who carried the sentence bestowed on the innocent.

But she is also one who sparked hope in eyes of vengeful souls. She is one who bargained with the Masked Envoys of the Goddess of Love. She is one who donned a phantom's mask to portray a past without closure.

She is one with plenty of names. You may address her as nothing else but a 'scholar'–the simplest definition of one who sought meaning in a world of secrets worth gatekeeping. She is 'Soleil Rheingold': first of her name and most likely the last.

Character Story 1
Unlocks after Inazuma Chapter II

Character Story 2
Unlocks after Sumeru Chapter

Character Story 3
Unlocks after Fontaine Chapter

Character Story 4
Unlocks after Natlan Chapter

Character Story 5
Unlocks after Snezhnaya Chapter

Vision
Whether it'd be pioneering academics or lending aid to various powerhouses across Teyvat, Soleil could rival Vision wielders in terms of potential and talent. Her resourcefulness is uncontested and her prestige does not exist without reason. Naturally, people would question why has the gods not cast their gaze upon this talented woman. Was she not deserving?

It would naturally be a curious question, but not one the scholar could give a pleasing answer. Many tales involve the blessed receiving their Visions at a young age, and Soleil received hers at the age of 11 in the deserts of Sumeru. Not long after, she had forsaken it, destroying it with a mysterious power.

This was all she could say, for the rest she chose to keep to herself. But instead of answering the question, it only sparked more confusion. Why deny the gift of the gods as soon as she received it? No doubt, Visions have always been a prize in the eyes of the inhabitants of Teyvat. So what could have possibly urged this seemingly playful woman to be rid of it? And most of all...How was she able to do it?

But no answer can be given to a question that was never asked. This part of her history remains unknown to most, and it was best left that way. All that people could believe in Soleil's case was that she was already brilliant enough to stand without needing the intervention of the gods. Whatever she aspired to do in the future, she can achieve it regardless of what 'gaze' the gods cast upon her.

"To have a Vision is to be blind." Soleil has seen plenty of this world and had continued to survive without their help. Surely, she can manage more without them.

Soleil's Black Diary
One look into Soleil's diary, and any person could lose their life and/or sanity. Although many speculate that it is only an exaggeration to emphasize Soleil's own knowledge and wit, there are few who know better.

She began writing in the diary as a child to keep her thoughts straight. When she first descended unto Teyvat, she was greeted by the darkness. As a child, her first instinct was to keep herself distracted. She began writing as if she were talking to someone else.

But as a grown woman, the pages of the diary slowly morphed from childish musings to observations and research conclusions. She writes down any information she gets from examining ruins of fallen civilizations, as well as any coded messages she might or might not stumble upon coincidence.

Of course, she would not do this so rashly. With the greedy hands of the Akademiya sages, the members of the Abyss Order, and the witches of the Hexenzirkel vying for what knowledge she holds, Soleil wrote in compounds and compounds of intertwining ciphers that would take weeks to decipher for the uninitiated.

A codebreaker may lose heart upon days of trying, and an average person won't even dare try. It is said that Soleil was so proficient in both language and machines that the Haravatat and Kshahrewar began fighting over her during her student days. This was most likely a reason.

If there may be a rare chance that you find her diary left unattended, it was best you leave it as it is. Soleil, no matter how exalted others may praise her to be, was still a woman. No woman would want another person looking at her secretive diary. It's as simple as that.

★★★