57: Best Served Hot

"I did what I could to match Miss Rheingold's specifications. But I still recommend not to tamper with it so recklessly. A Vision is still a Vision. Doesn't matter whether it's dead or not."

Luna flipped the cold item in her hands front and back, the silver specks in her light still as bland as ever while inspecting the item for damages.

"Is there anything else?" she asked. The disgruntled fake Visionmaker, Master Masakatsu, shook his head.

"That's all. Miss Rheingold knows everything else that needs knowing... It was her idea, after all," he said. "I see," Luna said and placed a full pouch on the craftsman's table.

It was full of mora. Masakatsu was surprised, "Ah, no need. The price was already paid in full beforehand."

"This isn't for compensation," Luna said emotionlessly, "I'm buying your silence. Never say a word about this commission to anyone else regardless of who they are. It's also for your own safety."

Masakatsu was more bewildered, but he made no violent reaction. "Oh...of course," he said and took the pouch. Luna nodded, "If that's all, good day."

She took the grey Vision in hand and left the workshop. She was greeted by the setting sun, and she adjusted her hat to shield her masked face.

She was approached by an individual with an identical hat, their face hidden beneath a disguise but the voice sounded a little familiar.

"Will there be anything else...?" the individual asked. Luna gave them a quick, observant glance.

Gendou Ringo. She was supposed to be the one to fetch the item, but Luna thought it was better if she was the one to conclude the business deal on Soleil's behalf. Should Yae Miko wish to question Gendou Ringo, she might divulge plenty of sensitive information. It was best to be cautious.

"There's nothing else. Go back and continue being the lookout," Luna said, "Since I have the item, it was time to carry out my next orders."

"Alright. I wish you a safe journey," Gendou Ringo nodded firmly. Luna nodded in return before making her way out of Inazuma City.

She really couldn't tell what it is about the Vision that has changed. It was still lifeless and gray, and she still couldn't figure out what Soleil has in store for the thing.

But then again, Soleil has a dramatic flair. Maybe one day, the Vision will serve its purpose when it is least expected. For now, it was nothing but a dead Vision that Luna needed to safekeep.

The message should have been passed on to Beidou and the supposedly altered Vision is now in Luna's possession. The next order that Soleil needed her to accomplish was overseas, in the island of Watatsumi.

'Stir some trouble within the corps headquarters. Tartaglia will send someone to be your little partner in crime.'

The Sangonomiya Corps... Luna did a quick scan as soon as she heard that Sangonomiya Kokomi was going to establish her own privately trained army. Her investigation did not disappoint.

Only few of the most skilled soldiers would be drafted to undergo the corps' training, and 'gruesome' was not enough to describe it. The soldiers trained with blindfolds on and underwent physical training with weights attached to their limbs. That was only the surface training she got to see.

Luna hasn't even spied for five minutes until several of them would feel that they were being watched. The investigator was silently impressed. Once again, Kokomi was concocting plans in the shadows of her timidly shy persona.

The soldiers of the Sangonomiya Corps could probably defeat the Shogunate samurai had they been present in the civil war. Taking her mistakes and the results of their battles, Kokomi never rested and decided to switch up her soldiers' training regimen.