06

Y/n was sat in the waiting room. She bounced her leg up and down as she anxiously bit on her finger nails. Y/n saw Junior's nurse walk in the room, scanning the room. The nurse stopped on Y/n, immediately walking over to her. "Junior's ready for visitors now," the nurse smiled. "Okay, thanks," Y/n got up from her chair.

She walked out of the room and down the hall of the patient's rooms. Y/n turned towards Junior's door. She slowly opened it, peeking inside. She saw Junior's parents look towards the door. "Hey, Y/n. Come inside," Bree smiled. Y/n nodded, closing the door behind her.

"Hey, Y/n. How are you feeling?" Logan asked. "I'm good, thanks for asking," Y/n said. She turned towards Junior seeing him laid out on the bed. It was clear that he just got out of anesthesia. Y/n sat down in the seat beside his bed. Y/n took her hand into his, giving a squeeze. "How are you?" Y/n asked.

"I'm okay, just dizzy," he winced. "I was worried about you," Junior told her. "I'm okay," Y/n said. Bree looked at Logan, nodding to each other. They both stood up from their chairs. "Kids, we'll be right back," Logan said. "Okay," Junior said, wincing again. "Are you okay?" Y/n asked. "Yeah, my throat just hurts," he massaged his neck.

"I'm just glad you're safe," Junior sighed. "Same for you. You know, now thinking about it, I forgot where I was," Y/n said. Junior looked at her, curiosity in his face. "Actually, I woke up here," Y/n said. "Really?" Junior asked, sitting up. "Yeah. Like,
an hour ago."

"Well, like I said, I'm glad you're okay," Junior said, bringing her hand to his mouth, placing a kiss. "Code White," alarms blared throughout the hospital. Y/n looked towards the door, seeing Junior's parents rush in. "Resuscitation teams and defib, priority one."

"I-Mom, Dad, what's going on?" Junior asked. "We're not sure," Bree said. Y/n shifted in her chair as the sirens stopped. The door being open, the four of them saw officers rush down the hall and towards where Caroline was at. "Odd," Logan said. "Yeah, Bree agreed. "Maybe something happened?" Junior said. "Probably," Logan said.

•••
It was a week after the party incident, and Junior had already got discharged from the hospital. Now, Y/n and Junior we're sat in science class. "A few days ago, you were probably feeling shock, denial." Their science teacher walked around the classroom. "That's normal," she said. "All of this is so much to take in."

"At this point, you might be feeling pain and guilt. That's still normal." Y/n rested her head on her arm, not knowing how much more she can take into this. "Your feelings are valid and expected. Everyone will heal at their own speed and if you need anyone to talk to, please know my door is always open to you guys."

"I, know, probably think I'm just the biology teacher, but feelings do start on the molecule level," she nodded. "Okay, let's pick back up where we left off. Chapter Three: Biotic and Abiotic Factors." Y/n laid back up. "What are living and non-living beings of life?" She asked. There was a knock at the door.

Miss Fairchild went over to the door and was met by Devon's mom. Miss Fairchild looked at Devon's mom, then at the class. "Why don't you guys get started on the chapter questions. I'll be back in just a minute," she said and left the room.

As soon as she left, kids got up and moved around the room. Y/n was surprised when she saw Lexy move over to Devon and Jake. Y/n furrowed her brows, sharing a glance with Junior. "I wonder what they're talking about," Y/n said. "Jake normally doesn't hang with them, does he?" Junior asked. "I don't think so, no."

All three of them looked back at the two then back at each other. "Come on," Junior grabbed Y/n's hand. "What are you guys talking about?" Junior asked. "Nothing," Lexy said. Jake, Devon, and Lexy exchanged glances with each other. "Have you guys seen 'Westworld'?" Junior broke the silence. They all looked at him.

"It's a crazy theme park with these hot robots and you can, like, do anything you want to them," he said. "It's like, really cool," he smiled. "I haven't," Devon said. "Been a little busy."

"Haven't really had time for that this week," Lexy said. Junior's smile faded. The door opened and everyone looked to see Miss Fairchild in the doorway. "Guys, can we get back to work please?" She said. Y/n and the others walked back to their seat, opening there books back open.

"Less chat, more science," Miss Fairchild said as she walked in the room and closed the door behind her. "All right, who can give me an example of the biotic factors?" She asked. "Lexy?" She asked. Y/n saw Lexy immediately laid her phone on the table. "Biotic factors? No?"

The bell rung before Lexy could say something. Y/n and Junior grabbed their backpacks, swinging it on their shoulders as they headed out of the classroom. As they walked to their lockers, there were pictures of Oliver. Bouquets of flowers were on the floor in vases and lit candles.

Y/n opened her locker, Junior leaning on them. "I know he was sort of a jerk, but I kind of feel bad,"
Y/n said. "Yeah. In the end, he was still my best friend since Elementary," Junior said as Y/n closed her locker. "And he was your first boyfriend," Junior reminded. Y/n shrugged as the two walked to their next class.

•••
Chatter was heard throughout the auditorium. Y/n and Junior sat together as Y/n's mom sat with the Wheelers. "Hold on," Junior said, getting up. Y/n watched as he walked down the rows and to Lexy's seat. Y/n realized that Jake, Devon, and Lexy we're all sitting together. She could've sworn that Lexy hated Jake's guts. It seemed the tables have turned.

"Asshole," Y/n heard Junior mutter under his breath as he walked back to his seat. "What happened?" She asked as he sat down. "I told her off. She's completely ditching us," Junior rolled his eyes. Y/n looked back at the stage.

"Good evening, everyone. Thank you all for coming tonight," Lexy's mom greeted. "As your mayor, I wanted to take this opportunity to speak to you about the recent series of unfortunate...accidents in this community."

"First, thoughts and prayers for anyone who has lost an acquaintance or loved on," she said. "Second, I am here to tell you that Hackensack has never been safer," she smiled. The audience booed as she continued. "We are still the best darn big little city in America," she cheerfully said.

"Third, you're an idiot!" A guy from behind said. Junior snickered, leaning on Y/n's shoulder. Y/n let out a giggle as well. "Fourth, it's important that you understand that I am doing everything in my power to keep you all happy and healthy."

"Because nothing is more important to me than family," she said, putting a hand to her chest. "Thank you." "Boos" were heard around the auditorium. "You're the murderer!" Someone yelled out. "Thank you so much," she thanked. "You killed that cop!"

She walked over to the mic stand, setting the mic in in it. "Have a wonderful evening." Devon's mom walked on the stage. "Please," she said on the mic. "Quiet, please. This is about the ongoing investigation into every one of these recent deaths."

"This is about the curfew which goes into effect tonight," she said. "But most of all, it's about getting to the bottom of this so that we can all live our lives without living in fear." The crowd was silent as she continued. "Now, before I answer your questions, and I'll stay long enough to answer every one of them, Principal McVey would like to say a few words."

Everyone waited for Principal McVey to come out. After a while, Kim decided to speak up. "Principal McVey?" She looked towards the wings. A head rolled out onto the stage, everyone gasping. "Oh my gosh-" Y/n said. Junior and her got up, as their parents came over towards them.

The curtains opened up. The crowd was met with Principal McVey's body in a chair, both of her hands sticking up her thumbs. "I think I'm going to throw up," Y/n gagged to her mom. "Oh, dear," her mom said.