The Meadow - Jasper

(WARNING: TRIALS OF APOLLO SPOILERS)

Piper held a bouquet of yellow daffodils tightly in her hands. The plastic holding them together crackled under her grip, disturbing the silence. She walked slowly through the graveyard, her head down. 

She stopped short at Jason's grave. 

In Loving Memory of Jason Grace:

Senatus Populusque Romanus

Piper crouched down and sat before the headstone. She placed the flowers carefully on the grass under the rock. She read the words over and over, thinking of all the good times they had had. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Piper lay in a seemingly endless field of daffodils next to Jason Grace. She turned her head to see him smiling up at the bright sky. A single hot tear rolled down her cheek. Jason turned to meet her gaze, his smile staying on strong.

"What is it?" He took her hand. The feel of his warm hands holding hers sent an electric shock down Piper's spine, forcing a choked sob mixed with a giggle out. 

"Nothing- I just...I just really love you Jason," The words felt odd coming out of Piper's mouth. She had a girlfriend now, and she didn't even think about still having feelings for her ex-boyfriend. But still, they felt right

Piper had zero idea how she felt about Jason, but there was no resolving anything with him now. 

Jason sat up, grass clinging to the back of his orange Camp Half Blood shirt. "I think we should go, Chiron will get worried if we aren't back by dinner."

Piper didn't want to leave. She never wanted Jason to leave her again. But she nodded anyways. 

Jason stood up and extended his hand to her like a real gentleman. She accepted his offer and got up with his help. 

"I'll race you!" Jason sprinted off, looking back every once and a while. 

Piper ran after him, but after a mile or so, she realized she had to let him go. Reluctantly, she slowed down into a complete stop. Piper watched as her best friend ran off until he was no longer visible. She sighed and let herself fall to the ground.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Opening her eyes, Piper saw Jason's grave before her once more. She kissed two fingers, then placed them on his name as a sort of goodbye. 

Piper stood up and turned on her heel, not daring to look back at his grave. Just in case he was waiting there to bring her back. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How was it?" Piper's girlfriend's sweet voice asked when Piper had slammed the car door behind her.

"Y'know," Piper hadn't really explained her situation to Shel. That meant that she had told her girlfriend that her ex-boyfriend had died tragically in an accident. It felt wrong to lie to someone so close to her, but it just wouldn't work out if Shel knew the full truth. 

Shel didn't press further and just stepped on the gas, slowly driving over the graveled road and away from Jason. 

Piper stole one last glance at the graveyard and saw Jason watching her from the gate. He smiled and waved a bittersweet goodbye. Tears started coming before Piper even noticed. A flash of gold light shrouded him and just like that, he was gone. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Piper knew it was the right thing to do, saying goodbye. Yet, now when she lays in bed at night, all she can think about is the look off bliss and happiness on Jason's face as she finally allowed herself to move on from him. 

A/N

Sorry about how sad this chapter was, I just couldn't resist doing a sad chapter with these two since Jason's dead and all. I promise the rest will be fluff. Or maybe not, but I'll stop playing with your heartstrings. 

Bye <3