The Picnic - Percabeth

Percy and Annabeth walked through the woods. They were back at Camp Half Blood, just visiting friends on their summer break. Percy had forgotten how beautiful the camp woods were.

They trudged along, leaves and branches crackling under foot. Annabeth took in the familiar sights as she led Percy to the perfect picnic spot.

The couple found a nice clearing that Annabeth had remembered from her first few weeks at camp (seriously, how could this girl remember something that happened more than ten years ago so vividly?) and set up their lunch.

Percy stared into Wise Girl's gray eyes as she gazed into his sea green ones. This was it. This was the future they both wanted and deserved. No monsters. No quests. Just each other and the peacefulness of nature.

Percy opened the basket as dished out the fresh strawberries and chocolate. It wasn't much for lunch, but it was the perfect reminder of the time they had spent in the strawberry fields.

"I've missed camp," Annabeth sighed, picking at her strawberry. Percy snapped out of his daze. He wasn't really registering how hard it must've been for Annabeth to move away from her home. Halfway across the country.

"Me too," Percy finally agrees after a short period of comfortable silence.

The two demigods just sat there in the middle of the woods, sunlight beaming down on them, taking in the gorgeous scenery that was their true home.

They munched on the picnic food and laughed and chatted, just being at peace with each other and nature.

Dryads and nymphs sang and danced happily all around them. Water flowed somewhere in the distance. Percy knew it to be the creek he had been claimed by all those years ago. Owls hooted from branches high above their heads. Annabeth hated owls, but the sounds the birds were making weren't unsettling when Percy was with her.

Light was everywhere. The sound of nature surrounded them. It was beautiful and peaceful.

Annabeth racked her mind for this feeling. The word for this moment. Bliss, she thought, pure bliss. This was what they needed. A life of bliss and calm. No more quests for the gods, no more saving the world, and definitely no more wars against ancient beings.

Percy took in the humidity, breathing in the freshest air New York had to offer. He looked over at his girlfriend. They had been through so much together. Saving the world countless times, Tartarus, multiple wars, and so much more. They were lucky to have each other.

Annabeth stared into her boyfriend's complexion. He was tan, muscular and not at all the demigod that had shown up at their doorstep all those years ago. So much had changed. You could tell by the look in his eyes. He was older, wiser, and he had gone through a lot. Thinking about this just put their fragile lives into perspective.

An arrow could come through the trees and end either of them in this moment. But no arrows appeared. They could finally relax. Safe within the barrier of their sweet home.

They had worries and fears going into the unknown, but for now they could put everything behind them and just be together.

Nothing could ruin this moment, and nothing ever would.

"I love you, Seaweed Brain"

"I love you too, Wise Girl"

A/N

I hope you enjoyed this bit of fluff I wrote while in bed with a cold. I think I'll post some more PJO fluff whenever I feel like it, but for now, here you go.

Bye <3