Joey being as flirtatious as he is doesn't bother me. He does the same to Gianna to a lesser extent, and most everyone in the crew including the guys. I know he would stop if anyone ever told him to.

"What do you say, baby blue? I'm down," Joey looks over at me while he puts his cigarette butt out on the bottom of his shoe and tosses it in the trash next to him.

"Absolutely," I say, finally handing Joey back his wax pen. "I'll text you guys a little later and then we can meet up?"

"Sounds fucking fantastic," Gianna breathes.

I finally clock out of work and get home, tossing my keys on the kitchen counter as soon as I close the door. I immediately kick my shoes off, throwing them to the side of the door and reach around to unclip my bra, slinging it over the back of my couch as I make my way to my bathroom, ready to shower the day off.

I'm a bit of a slob, I know.

"Bluetooth connected. Now playing Fashion by The Royal Concept."

I try not to let my thoughts wander too much, knowing what tomorrow is and the feelings it'll bring. Last year was easier than the previous two, and it helps that I have to work. I know tonight will be a great distraction. I'm just hoping I can get through it without some kind of meltdown.

That's the theme of this dreadful day, I can never get through it without some kind of moment. Usually when I'm alone, and I've had too much time to think about the events of that day. It always ends the same, with me emptying the contents of my stomach in the toilet and falling asleep on the tile floor. Last year it didn't last as long, and I'm aiming to not allow it to get that bad this year at all.

I could ask Gianna and Joey to stay with me, but I would hate to have my two new friends witness me breakdown in front of them so soon into our relationship. I couldn't do that to them. I could also call my friends back home, they know what I go through enough to keep me calm over the phone. I miss them so much.

As if my best friend is reading my thoughts, my phone ringtone blares off the tile of the shower and I peak out of the curtain to look to see an incoming FaceTime call from Shaye, my best friend in the entire world. Shaye and I met when we were eight years old, when I was outside playing with the kids next door in roller skates, and she came up to me almost out of no where in her own roller skates. Ever since that moment we've been inseparable.

"Hi, what are you doing?" the girl asked, standing on the sidewalk.

"Hi, I'm watching my neighbor do cool tricks on his bike!" I replied enthusiastically, excited that another girl was joining us. My neighbors were two boys who were in my grade, and while I liked hanging out with them after school, I always wanted a girl best friend. "Do you want to play with us?"

"Where is your house? Can we go there?" Right as she asked that question, she pushed me into the road. I looked up at her with wide eyes, thankful I didn't fall because I wasn't good at rollerskating, I just had fun doing it still.

"Uh, yeah I live right there across the street," I pointed to my house almost directly in front of us. "We can go inside if you want."

As soon as we got inside, still wearing our skates, we were greeted by my dad who did not look happy that we didn't take our skates off outside. "Stop right there! Skates off before you go any further! Cas, who is this?"

"This is, uh-" I looked over to the girl, who already had her skates off and was walking towards my kitchen. I realized I never got her name when we were outside. "What is your name?" I called out.

She ignored my question, and instead asked back, "Do you have any food?"

And thus our friendship was born. I love her more than life itself.