Caregiving

How can you help your pet? 

This will always be specific to the person! Have a discussion about what the pet likes, and set boundaries together. For example, maybe a cat regressor likes cat toys but is uncomfortable with collars-make sure you both have a mutual agreement on what's okay between the partnership of a pet and cg.

Things you SHOULDN'T do:

Yell -it's supposed to be a safe space and coping mechanism.

Sexualize anything -regressors will likely not understand what's happening and you should never take advantage of that, putting them in an inappropriate environment is absolutely disgusting and will probably worsen their mental state especially if they are using it as an escape from their life.

Argue/punish- unless it's because your pet is purposely misbehaving, but regardless be VERY gentle.

Call them annoying- while in petspace their mental state is very fragile and this could deeply effect them and even ruin their headspace.

Vent or bring up sensitive topics- the pet will not know how to handle this and it may ruin their headspace, it's super inappropriate no matter how high you think their tolerance is.

Tell them to grow up/that they aren't a pet- if you can't handle them, don't handle them. Do not ever harass someone for just trying to cope or have fun in a totally non harmful way. If you find it weird or off putting simply tell them you don't think you can handle it at that moment in a respectful manner.

Things you SHOULD do:

Ask them what they like to do while regressed

Ask them what animal they regress to

Call them their favorite pet names example: pup/puppy

Set rules (if your both comfortable) example: no staying up past bedtime if you set one

Be sure to reward them! Wether it be for simple tasks or doing something nice make sure your healthily treating your pet.

Give them lots of affection, especially if your partnership is irl

If according to the pet take them on walks and give them treats

Make sure to check in frequently and see if they have met their daily needs/tasks