Chapter Twenty

Depuis le début

Landing right on my fucking face with my ass in the air!

What the fuck just happened?!

"If I am correct – which I always am – I believe you just embarrassingly crash landed."

"Oh my gosh, really? I had no idea." I sarcastically replied my smart assed, stupid wolf.

"Idiot"

I quickly got up from the ground, getting dizzy in the process because of how quickly I got up. I shook my head to clear up the dizziness and turned my head towards the witch.

She was now on her knees, her chocolate brown hair shielding her face from my eyes. The green mist which was once thick and surrounding the body of my son is no longer present.

I didn't even think for a second longer before rushing over to Jimmy and picked him up, sighing in relief at the faint heartbeat that I heard.

He's alive!

He's unconscious, but at least he's alive. He has a lot of cuts on his body but they've started healing thanks to his werewolf genes. But now I'm wondering what made the witch to stop the ritual.

Don't get me wrong – I'm actually glad that she didn't kill him – but why did she suddenly stop out of the blue?

I turn back towards her and saw that her shoulders shook as she choked out a sob- wait, what?

Is she crying?

What the hell?!

I gently dropped him on the floor that was traced with that strange pentagram symbol and wearily approached the witch, my guard up.

She rose her head up to me and I could see the tears running down her cheeks. Her beautiful heart shaped face was morphed into an expression similar to misery and pain. I almost felt sorry for her.

Almost.

I shook my head to clear those thoughts from my mind. I narrowed my eyes at her and growled "Do you think that your crocodile tears will work on me? That it'll make me pity you?"

"I don't need your pity!" She snapped at me "I just couldn't bring myself to kill innocent children."

I growled at her "And how am I supposed to believe that, huh? For all I know, you could be using some black magic shit to be transmitting this to Max and he might be on his way to silence me."

She chuckled darkly "And why the hell would I inform the person who is holding my sister captive, that I deliberately didn't complete the task he ordered me to do?"

"But this could just be a part of that bastard's scheme."

"And I want that bastard gone."

"Then why are you helping him?"

"You wouldn't understand."

"Oh, then please tell me why you would be willing to take the lives of three innocent children?"

"I didn't kill them, did I?  Your son is perfectly alive and breathing, so you better thank me for deciding not to take his life."

"Are you serious?! Do you want me to kill you right now? You were literally about to kill him, and you want me to thank you?!! What the fuck?"

She wiped away her tears and stood up. She looked me in the eyes and said, "Yes, I want you to thank me. I had the perfect opportunity to take that boy's life just a few seconds ago, but I didn't. You don't know who I am or why I am working for Max, but even you should know that disobeying him will bring consequences to me. I know that you want to kill me right now, but I advice that you don't."

Does she really think that I won't kill her? "And why should I not?" I challenged her.

"Because I just saw a vision of what is to come, and you will need me for the battle that will take place."

/\•/\•/\•/\•/\•/\•/\•/\•/\•/\

A/N: Hey guys!

I'm finally on the twentieth chapter of this book!

I originally planned to have only 15 chapters, but more and more ideas kept coming to me and I just had to put them here. But hopefully, I'll be able to finally put an end to this book before next February.

Anyways, what do you guys think about this chapter?

What battle do you think will take place?

Don't even ask me because I myself don't know yet. I'm just writing the ideas as they come and I didn't exactly plan anything in this book apart from the first seven chapters.

Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE.
Bye✌️