Her heart grew heavy in thought.

      And she now stared at the door, both curiously and worried — waiting for it to come true. Petunia knew this was the moment. She knew that the hooded figure would appear in her gaze at any moment.

She was right.

         The black robe. It was the first thing that she saw. It barely took a step inside the room before it had stopped its steps — merely looking around the room before its eyes landed against her own.

       And then she saw the hair. The blondness being illuminated from the room's lighting. It was tucked underneath the black robe — barely poking out from the edges.

Pandora Lestrange.

          "Hello," was all she said, her voice portraying the softness that Petunia had become quite familiar with since the past few visions.

       Petunia didn't feel herself speak, only staying quiet as her grip on the crib tightened. Why would she be here? What was truly the reason?

       She didn't have an answer to either, as she expected. And instead, she put on a brave face, her eyes piercing against Pandoras.

       "You shouldn't be here." Petunia was forced to speak, her eyes glancing behind the girl and into the hallway, looking for James. He never appeared. "Where's Lily?"

        Pandora kept the same expression on her face as she followed Petunia's gaze towards the hallway, holding back an answer for a brief moment. But then she laughed. Not genuinely, as she looked back to Petunia.

        "We'd gotten into a fight," The girl responded shortly, pulling out her wand as she tipped it against her hood, knocking it off and revealing a harsh gash against her forehead. "It's been taken care of, however." Another fake smile. "No worries."

        Those last two words were anything but convincing to Petunia as she heard them. And she felt as her vision-self frowned, wearily staring at the wand in Pandora's hand. She was defenseless.

       "Harry just fell asleep," The words quickly left her lips, causing her to bite them back just a second later. "I think it would be best if you could go."

Pandora shook her head.

          "I can't do that just yet," The girl faked remorse, tauntingly twirling her wand against her hand. "I've got something I need to do."

          "I don't think you have anything to do here, actually," Petunia heard herself snap back, standing even further in front of Harry. "You are not welcome here, Pandora."

          "Is that so?" Pandora simply looked back at Petunia, slightly hating the stubbornness that was already portraying through the girl's words. "Maybe Lily was right." She spoke, causing Petunia's face to flash with something indescribable. "You aren't what I expected you to be."

       If Petunia was being honest, she didn't know how to respond to that — not knowing if the meaning of what she said was negative or positive. She assumed one of each. But as Pandora's wand raised, pointing straight towards her and Harry, Petunia found her focus once more.

      "I don't know what he's done to you — said to you," She tried to say, "But it can't be worth it, worth this." Petunia heard as her words shook from anxiety. "You are choosing a side that holds anything but innocence, truth, happi—"

      "I chose the life of power," Pandora cut her off, her voice flicking away from the softness. "He can give that to me, he's promised it."

       "And you trust him?" Petunia felt her eyes narrow, "Really?" She didn't let her answer.  "Is it really worth all of this. You can't truly live like this."

     "If I don't do it, someone else will," Pandora replied angrily, taking a step closer to her. Petunia pushed herself further into the crib in response, trying to space their distance. "They will replace me — as they should."

"And you're okay with that?"

"I have to be."

"You have a choice."

"That's just it, Petunia.
I've never had a choice."

silence.

a burst of green light
erupted through the room.

and petunia entered her final vision.

P.EVANS + J.POTTER