3

P.EVANS + J.POTTER

hi besties<3
i thought i would post this yesterday sorry ):

<3>
new clues

"We'll see you soon!"

lies

Petunia couldn't find herself to tell them the truth. She couldn't tell them that this was no longer her home, that she would never be back. When she said 'see you soon' she really meant 'goodbye'. And when she smiled to them, making it seem like a friendly gesture — it really meant 'thank you for taking me in. thank you for being a friend.'

But they wouldn't know that until later.

Vernon had not received a bye, not even a single wave. In all honesty, the rest forgot that he was even there — as he was stood behind them all, his nose still running blood.

The boy watched as they all hugged goodbye. And he even watched as the frown entered her face as she turned away from them — the slight quiver in her lip as if she was about to cry.

he glanced towards her house.

And unlike before, he could now see a part of the inside. The tossed furniture, the flipped rug. He stared at it, his brows furrowing at the sight. He thought he was imagining things — and so he blinked. Once, twice, once more. The sight never changed — not until Lily Evans appeared, glancing at the group before her.

She cringed as she met his gaze.

"Who are you guys?"

Everyone turned to her.

And almost immediately, Henry straightened up his posture, looking at the ginger.

oliver held back a laugh.

"Hey."

"Smooth."

Lily stared curiously.

      And her eyes lingered from the two boys to Vernon, and then to her sister and James. She was at a loss of words — not knowing what to say in the moment she had just caught.

silence.

      It remained quiet between the group, unusually quiet, Lily assumed — seeing as the two new faces didn't seem like the type to not talk. And it was almost awkward. But no one did anything to change the fact. Petunia had just gathered new information — same for James. Vernon had no thoughts on the matter, the names, etc. — he was barely even apart of the conversation, merely being a background character in the moment. And with Oliver and Henry, they were both being, well, themselves — maybe lacking slightly. They'd been staring at Lily for the most part, finally being able to put a face to the name Petunia had said for so many years.

still quiet.

    Petunia didn't mind the silence, although she agreed it to be slightly awkward. She was more-so focused on the small crumbled envelope that was still being held in her hand, whilst the other being occupied by James' hand.