Chapter 13 - Where's your girlfriend?

Niall's POV

I knew I was fucked when she called our name. I wasn't gonna show people how I felt about her. I was just gonna hug her and say thank you like a real gentleman. I was the last one to come up stage, I saw Harry hugging Demi tightly while Demi was giggling. I couldn't deny it, but it fucking sucked. Watching her being in someone else's arms than mine. When it was my turn to hug her, she wouldn't even look at me. She just immetiadely hugged me, and was about to let go but I just kept hugging here.

"You've been avoiding me. Why?" I whispered into her ear.

"Where's your girlfriend?" she whispered back. That's when I wrinkled my eyebrows at her. I was about to answer something like "what the fuck" but Liam started telling the speech. Demi went as far away from me as she could, but I could still see her angry look. What was she talking about?

Demi's POV

I pretended like I was listening to what the boys were saying, but in reality - my mind was somewhere far away. I wanted to cry everytime he would do anything. I loved the simpliest things about him. The way he nervously touched his tie. The way his eyelashes glowed in the light. The way he moved his lips when he talked. I loved him, and I knew it. That's what made the whole situation even worse. I could just easily walk away, but I couldn't.

"Congratulations." I nodded and showed them the way backstage. I was about to leave as soon as I got them there, but Niall grabbed my arm.

"We need to talk." he said with a serious look.

"Well talk. I can't wait." I answered sarcastically and he didn't laugh at all. We went to an empty room  and Niall closed the door.

"What's going on with you?" he started.

"Um, look mister 'I kiss girls but I have a girlfriend the next day' Horan, I should probably ask you the same thing." I snapped.

"You're being ridiculous! I don't have a girlfriend!" Niall answered and his voice got high pitched.

"Sure you don't. So you just randomly took a girl home and kissed her? Also holded her hand?" I told, trying to look angry but all I really was - was broken.

"What?! Look could you just explain me the whole thing, cause I'm not keeping up with you right now." Niall said.

"That girl Amy. I saw the pics Niall, don't try to pretend like you don't know what's going on." I answered.

"Oh my god, Demi! You should've just asked me about her!" Niall started laughing.

"I think there's nothing to laugh about. I've been feeling horrible because of this! Don't you get it?" I mumbled.

"Look miss 'I go out with Wilmer every single day and in fact I spended Valentine's day with him' Lovato. You're not all blameless either. How do you think I felt when I saw the pics of you two having dinner together?" Niall almost yelled, you could see he was hurt. And to be honest, I felt bad. 

"Well it shouldn't bother you, since you have a girlfriend." I told and we stayed quiet for minutes that lasted a year for me.

"I don't have a girlfriend." he broke the akward silence.

"Cool." I said and opened the door.

"So this is what you're gonna do? Leave me here like I never meant shit to you? It's been 3 fucking months Demi, the first thing you ask me is 'Where's your girlfriend' when I don't even have one." Niall yelled.

"All I know is that I've been hurt way too many times. And all you've ever done to me is hurted me brutally. Maybe this was meant to be. Maybe we just gotta forget everything." That was the last thing I said before running away, sobbing my make-up off. I heard Niall scream my name but I didn't care. I needed to get out of here as soon as I could.

2 weeks later..

Demi's POV

"I'm so excited to go to Justin's poolparty!" Miley giggled when we were putting on our make-up.

"Yeah. Is Liam (Hemsworth) coming with you?" I smiled.

"Sure. But don't worry Dems, we'll find you a man soon. Maybe tonight, huh? Who knows?!" Miley stick her tongue at me and I laughed.

"Or are you still thinking about the Irish boy..?" Miley's smile faded away.

"No! Oh God no, Miles! I told you I forgot about him. He was just a beautiful mistake." I told.

 "Thata girl!" Miley hugged me. 

"You're crazy." I shook my head and chuckled.

"Babyyy, that's just me!" Miley sang and made me laugh even more.

Niall's POV

"Dude, everything looks amazing!" I smiled while walking through Justin's house.

"I know right, man. It's gonna be sick." Justin said and we sat by the pool.

"So who's coming?" I asked, putting my sunglasses on because the sun was shining bright.

"You guys, obviously. Alfredo, Miley and her fiance, Selena, Demi, Taylor.." Justin started but I stopped him.

"Wait.. Who was the one?" I said.

"Who? Taylor?" Justin suggested.

"No no, did you say.. Uh, is Demi coming? Demi Lovato?" I asked.

"Yeah. Why man? Is there something going on between you two." Justin winked and punched me into the stomach playfully.

"No! Totally not, I was just asking.." I chuckled nervously.

God I was fucked.

Demi's POV

We rang Justin's doorbell and I could already hear the music inside.

"HEEEY!!" Me and Miley ran to hug Justin when he opened the door. I walked forward to the house and my smile immetiadely fade away when I saw him. Niall fucking Horan, sitting by the side of Justin's pool. It's crazy how I recognized him from so far. Guess I just knew him so well. I wasn't gonna let him ruin my night like he did at the Brit Awards. I was gonna go say hi to him and maybe chat a little bit. It wont be so hard. But for now I was gonna party with my best friends. Tonight I'll talk to him, I swear.