Thinking she meant Rhaenyra, Rhea nodded lightly and stopped talking. The child looked up at her and spoke again.

"You, auntie Rhe," she said, getting up and cuddling up to her aunt.

Rhea's heart doubled in size and she kissed the girl's cheek lovingly.

"You really are such a sweet, special girl, Jaehaera," Rhea said. "And your brothers are the sweetest princes I have ever met, the best."

"Better than me?" Aemond's voice rose from behind them and the children ran to greet their uncle, a smile stretching on either sides of his face. Aemond had such a softer side with them, one he did not show outside of the family's private quarters, but it melted Rhea's heart to see her niece and nephews, his niece and nephews, care for him so much.

Rhea rose from the floor, smoothing her gown and walked up to her husband, kissing his cheek affectionately.

"Maybe, yes," she laughed.

"It's time to meet Marian at the port, love," Aemond whispered against her temple, a hand resting on the small of her back.

Rhea's smile faded slightly and she looked away for a second.

"Oh, alright," she said sadly. "Helaena, children, I have spent the most wonderful afternoon, I shall be sure to do it again soon."

She bid them all goodbye and headed to the port with her husband who had a fond smile on his face, the same he had when he entered his sister's chambers and laid eyes on his wife.

"What is it?" Rhea asked.

"Nothing," the prince said, still smiling. "I was just thinking about my nephews, and how you have cared for them since you yourself were a child."

Rhea smiled and intertwined her fingers in his.

"Well, yes, they're the most precious children I have ever seen, and that includes you, Aegon and Daeron as children," she laughed at her husband's fake vexed expression.

"Would you-" Aemond started before stopping himself. They would soon be at the port, and the air felt breezy, which was nice.

"Would I what?" Rhea continued as she hastened her pace so as not to miss Marian as she left.

Aemond grabbed her wrist lightly and turned her around in a swift move, she looked at him, her brow furrowed, telling him she was in a hurry.

"Would you want one?" Aemond asked, his voice raising so she could hear him.

She stopped in her tracks and turned to him, a light blush on her cheeks. His tone was adorable, and he looked at her in a way she could have melted to the ground because of. Of course she would have liked to have one of her own, especially one of Aemond's. But, as she readied herself to answer, Prince Daemon's words on Dragonstone echoed back to her. An eye for an eye, a son for a son. As long as she and her husband did not have one, they would be safe, she thought. Her heart broke at the thought her hypothetical children could be hurt, killed, even. She felt her stomach turn as she looked away from the prince's expectant face.

"It's fine if you don't, my love, really," he added as he saw tears start to fill her eyes. Worried he might have caused that, he wrapped his arms around her in an attempt to soothe her.

"I-I do," she started and Aemond looked at her with utter devotion.

He kissed her hard, his hands on the back of her head. As they parted, Rhea spoke again.

"I do, but, Aemond, there is something I meant to tell you," she said sadly. "When I left for Dragonstone, I spoke with Daemon."

"You did?"

She nodded, an anxious lump in her throat.

"He said if you had any sons, he would kill them to avenge Lucerys. He said since you don't have any he should kill me, to which I agreed-"

"Rhea," Aemond exclaimed, cutting her off.

"It would have made sense for him to do it, and I told him so. But he didn't, Aemond."

The prince's jaw clenched and his fists balled up listening to her.

"None of this makes sense, Rhea," he said angrily. "The man said he would walk you to me on our wedding day and then threatens to kill you and your children, it does not make any kind of fucking sense."

Rhea brought her hand to his cheek and he seemed to settle down a bit. She believed they would all be safe if they did not bring children into the world, as long as the succession matter was not settled, at least. She believed every one but them to be safe from Daemon's threat.

"My point was, until all this is settled, we might refrain from-" she started.

"I swear if he even thinks about touching you," Aemond said simultaneously before he registered what his wife said. "What?"

"Well, you know," she blushed.

Aemond nodded knowingly, sliding his arms around her shoulders as they walked on. He was thankful she had told him about the threat, but he was confident their future offspring would be safe, here in the Red Keep, now that the former Hand was gone. In an attempt to lighten the situation, he replied to her in a smile, his eye glinting.

"No chance," he smirked.

As they neared the port and saw the boat Rhea had arranged for Marian, the lights of the city reflecting on the water and the moon shining high above them in the sky, Rhea could draw out the shape of her Handmaiden, waiting for her by the water.

The princess opened her mouth to call her out, but as she did, she noticed the girl was not alone. Aegon was with her and they seemed to be arguing about something. Aemond pulled his wife back slightly, so they could hide behind a bush and try to understand what was going on. As Marian's voice raised, and it was clear she was crying, Aegon wrapped his arms around her and planted a kiss on her lips as she struggled to get away from him.