30|Dern

Dern:(adj) secret; hidden; dark

Like a dark sky at night, intense and mysterious, her gaze was

Her lips are swollen, and I want to kiss her again, till she can't breathe.

It is not lost on me that she attempted to kill me, perhaps her try impressed me.

Her hand halts from its movement, reality syncing in. We are enemies, not lovers. She swats it away, in a fist, with a frustrated sigh.

Then I see it in her eyes, her lust for me and the hate she has for both of us, herself for wanting me when she shouldn't and me as though I am the cause of it.

It's the same struggle for me, one second I think of kissing the fuck out of her and another I want to slaughter her neck in half.

It's an inner battle, one I wish to disappear.

The air is thick with tension, our heavy breaths, and a silent rule, this changes nothing, her gaze demands.

I can't take my eyes off her, not when her pants make her chest press into mine, her pebbled nipples grazing my skin. Not when my phone rings, breaking our haze.

I sigh, swiping the answering bottom from a No Caller ID. I take some steps away from her.

An anonymous voice greets me with " Caio senor Donatiello. In case you haven't noticed, I have something for you." He chuckles smugly.

"And what is that, may I ask?" I had enough games today, I am not in the mood anymore.

"Your dearest Dino, he sends his greets." In the back, there's a muffled sound, and I recognize it as Dino's.

Dino is my right-hand man, the one that has been working with me since I took over the Donatiellos.

"What do you want?" I ask nonchalantly, wary prickling my skin. I have an endlessly long list of enemies, or it could be hungry for money.

"It's not about money, Capo. It's about you saving your little Dino's life here. Be here or consider him dead." Dino's scream echoes and the line goes dead. They send the location and the time, my deadline is two hours.

I grab my jacket, muttering to her that I am leaving. She doesn't comment .

Dino has been kidnapped.

I hurry to my car as I think of possibilities.

It's for revenge since they didn't bed over money or any sort of payment unless it's blood or lives, which I won't allow.

The location is in an abandoned place, I barely go there, and I doubt someone sane would. It's practically in the woods, exposed to wolves and psychos.

The road to the haunted hospital will probably take half an hour, but I am to get there before.

The tires screech upon killing the engine, and the door thuds when I close it after me. I scan the place, and nothing was unfamiliar here. I sent two of my men to enter from the opposite floor, just to beware.

It is eerily quiet here, suspicious.

It felt forever till I reached the aimed floor, which is the third out of five.

A clapping sound makes me turn to the left, where I am met with a masked man, not as much shorter than me. The crooked light fails to reach his face, all dark.

It shines on a bloody-faced Dino, his nose is broken, and his eye is swollen violet. Their hands and legs are tied to the chair, he lays there limply, barely hanging on the tiny consciousness he has left in his body.

I know better than to leap out and punch the fucker to the ground, although my hands are itching with the urge to.

I stay still, waiting for him to expose his demand. His stares never waver from me and I don't cower.

After what felt like an eternity, he scoffs with sarcasm, "You made it."

"Cut the shit and tell me what you want." I deadpan, looking over as Dino is being kicked by a man who had evolved from a corner I guess.

"You're messing with us" He mutters, eyeing the blade in his hands. "Now we want to repay the favor."

Messing with whom?

Could it be the Mexicans? Although I am known as the Capo who has an alliance with the Russians and the Irish, two of the greatest enemies n history, not to forget the Italians. The Mexicans love to play it cool with me, but I know their intentions, they can't fool me.

"Who is 'us'?" I asked, clenching my fist at the sight of my right-hand man losing his consciousness, knowing I can't do anything about it.

The smacking of heels across the marble floor, relic, and the hairs on my neck peek. She stops abruptly, her heels screeching. She, instead, answers" It's us, Remo."

At her voice, I instantly turn. My so-called wife is standing there, an arrogant smile pulls over her lips, the memory of us kissing kicks over, but I shove it away.

I mask the surprise with calmness.

"It's time I repay the favor, Remo." She smirks, nodding at her man.

I never wanted to kill her more than I do now. I just want to choke her till she disappears until I can make sure she's out of it. I should get rid of her at the very first chance I get.

can you feel the tension too?;)
And who did you think the kidnapper was?

can you feel the tension too?;)And who did you think the kidnapper was?