Draco laughed harder as they reached the common room.

"You amaze me, getting mad at me for not insulting someone good enough, no wonder you're a Slytherin."

Once the holidays had started, Delilah had a great time. She hung out with her friends, and felt strangely happy and content. They had the common room mostly to themselves, so they were always able to get the good spots by the fire, where Draco had started teaching Delilah and Daphne how to play wizard chess. It was exactly like Muggle chess, except that the figures were alive, which made it a lot like directing troops in battle. Draco's set was very nice and Delilah enjoyed playing with him, even if she wasn't too good at it yet.

On Christmas Eve, Delilah went to bed looking forward to the next day for the food and the fun, but not expecting any presents at all. When she woke early in the morning, however, the first thing she saw was a small pile of packages at the foot of her bed.

She took her presents and met Daphne and Draco in the common room.

Delilah opened her first gift and was surprised to see it was from Hagrid and inside was a roughly cut wooden flute which he had obviously whittled himself.

A second, very small parcel contained a note.

We received your message and enclose your Christmas present. From Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia. Taped to the note was a fifty-pence piece.

"That's friendly," said Delilah.

Daphne was fascinated by the fifty pence.

"This is so cool! What a shape! This is money?"

Delilah let her keep it.

She next opened Daphne's present which was makeup and Pansy's was a book about doing makeup.

Draco's on the other hand was a silver with a serpent. She hugged him and thanked him as he helped her put it on, though she had trouble keeping a straight face when he opened hers to find a silver serpent .

Delilah had given Daphne a fancy set of makeup in which she had squealed about. She loved makeup with a passion. It made no sense to Delilah, but if it made her happy who cared.

Harry had given her a book full of rare potions and how to make them. Delilah grinned as she flipped through it.

Delilah was surprised to see two more presents.

"Who could these be from?" she mumbled, mostly to herself.

Delilah opened the smaller one and saw a note, it read:

This was your mothers. Each year she got a new charm. I added a delilah flower.

It wasn't signed, but the handwriting seemed very familiar, as if she saw it on a weekly basis. She opened it and saw a silver charm bracelet that already had charms on it. There was a wand, a lily, a stag, a dog, a potion bottle, a doe, and a delilah. Delilah put it on, the note had said that it was her mothers, which she didn't quite believe, but it would have been a strange lie to tell.

She opened the last present and found something odd. It was a very small bottle full of silvery dust on a necklace. This too had a note and wasn't signed either. It read: This is a bottle of Dream Dust, it is a rare dust that does whatever the owner needs. It can heal or even make others tell the truth. All it needs is a pinch.

Delilah put the necklace on under her snake necklace.

Draco read the notes over her shoulder and whistled.

"Dream Dust is extremely valuable, though most people don't know about it," Draco observed.

"What? You got Dream Dust? That is so cool! I've never seen it, but from what I've heard it is super rare and very useful! It can do almost anything, all with pinch! A full bottle, even that small, is a lot!" Daphne exclaimed.