Rhea nodded and left to leave but winced. Her cousin steadied her with an arm around her waist.

"Are you strong enough to fly, cousin?" He asked.

She shook her head.

"Very well, you will sail with me back to Claw Isle, and then, once you are strong enough, you will fly back to King's Landing."

Rhea opened her mouth to refuse but her cousin shook his head, and she smiled as she knew he would not let her leave anyway, too worried for her safety.

"Tell them you were made our prisoner, that way they will not question why you were absent for so long." Rhaenyra spoke.

Rhea nodded and they all bid each other goodbye, once again, except, this time, they all knew it might be the last. However Aegon might handle things next will be decisive in the tearing apart of House Targaryen.

After having spent a month on Claw Isle, surrounded by her House, still loyal to her, Rhea finally felt strong enough to go back to the Greens. She had enjoyed some peaceful rest in her House's seat and dreaded leaving it. Here, she felt safe. She had been glad of the break, but now, it was time to go back and face Aemond.

"Deeds, not Words," Orys and Rhea repeated as they bid goodbye. Their House words. With a swift kiss on the cheek, Rhea climbed on her dragon's back and left Claw Isle once again.

As she rode on Sapphire's back, she cursed herself for feeling excited and wished she could hate him. It would have made everything much easier.

Seeing the Red Keep from afar formed a large anxious lump in her stomach and, as she reached the courtyard, flying Sapphire right in its centre, she was welcomed by King's Guards, their swords pointing at her and her dragon. She tried walking past them into the castle, but they would not let her anywhere near the doors and, soon, the King hurried to meet her with more knights by his side.

"Ah, my sister, the traitor, is back," he spoke loudly.

Remembering her promise to Rhaenyra, Rhea gathered her strength, her willpower and she finally felt like she was back to herself, and she would not give up again, she would not succumb to her sadness.

"I am no traitor, my King," she answered, her chin high.

"Where have you been this past month, then? Surely not at Dragonstone with my sister the Usurper?"

Aegon looked truly hurt she had left, but Rhea knew she had to lie to keep herself safe.

"It was my intention, yes. But, as I arrived there, Sapphire and I were taken prisoners. I had to bargain myself out, I had to do things I am not proud of," she lied.

Aegon ordered everyone to lower their swords.

"You understand my hurry to fly Sapphire right here, your Grace. I was rushing to come back here, I was scared, I was-"

"You are safe now, sister," Aegon interrupted her. "The dragonkeepers will take Sapphire back to the pit. Come, tell me everything."

And she did, she told him everything she and Rhaenyra had agreed on, the false tale of her captivity, how she had been spared by Rhaenyra and her supporters, how, even with grief, they gracefully let her live, fed her everyday. How she had to seduce one of the guards to leave and rejoin her true family in King's Landing. None of it was true, of course, but Aegon ate it up, believing every word she said. She hated the fact that she had to lie to him, but if this was what peace demanded, she would refrain from nothing.

As they walked towards the King's chambers, Aegon wrapped his arms around her, a tear in his eye.

"I am sorry, I simply could not send my men without openly declaring war," he apologized.

"I know, Aegon. As I was hurrying to leave, my cousin Orys helped me, he told me Rhaenyra wished for peace. He told me she wanted me to relay a message to you."

"What is it?"

Rhea recited what Rhaenyra had asked her and Aegon nodded.

"I agree. I will not act upon her treason, and, should she recognize me as the rightful King, I will forgive her. Should they forgive my brother's foolishness, we would forgive theirs."

Rhea smiled at him as he kissed her cheek lovingly.

"Aemond will be so relieved to see you are back, he has been a real pain this past month," Aegon spoke happily.

Rhea smiled weakly, she herself could not wait to see her husband, and she hated herself for it. She looked down at her feet and continued walking.

"Rhea, I know why you left," Aegon whispered. "But-"

"I do not forgive easily, Aegon. I do not condone murder."

Aegon scoffed.

"But it is fine when you do it," he simply stated.

Rhea turned to him, outraged.

"It was self-defence," she retorted in an exasperated sigh. "Had your men been more effective, I would not have had to do it in the first place."

Aegon placed a warm hand on her shoulder, looking her in the eye.

"But you do not regret it, do you?"

Rhea gulped, she did not indeed. Aegon smiled, amused at her, tapping his fingers on her shoulder.

"I am not putting you on trial, here, sister," he laughed and watched as Rhea's smile fell off her face, her eyes falling on her husband's.