Chapter 6: Not human?

Lynn had hid me in one of the closets, inside my room so that Lycidas wouldn't find me so easily while she spoke to him. I could hear some of the conversation, but it wasn't so clear. I then heard the door downstairs open and closed with a slam. "Where is that Vampire, I need to speak with him!" I heard it was clearly Jareth, he sounded very angry, did he not like Lycidas? I wondered to myself while I silently hid in the closet. 

Jareth's POV

"Lycidas, what are you doing here!?" I yelled angrily while I stomped into the living room. "Oh, well I came to get something you stole from me. Human." Lycidas said with anger in his voice, I knew who he was talking about, and I didn't like it.  "Well, I have no idea what you are talking about Lycidas, you must be confusing us with someone else. Now I would like you to. Leave." 

"Oh, I know I'm not going to be leaving, I know you are lying. I had my spies watch you and I will get Carson back, even if I have to kill you two to get to him." Lycidas snarled and he lunged out at me, I dodged his attack before he could injure me. I took out a knife with a silver hilt, to help defend myself Lynn had run to see if Carson was okay while I took on Lycidas. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was still hiding in the closet, afraid of what was about to happen. I hear Lycidas and Jareth talking downstairs and then hear someone open the door to my room. "Carson we need to leave now." I hear that it was Lynn and open the closet door to see her." Lycidas is here to capture you." She said and grabbed my hand and rushed me to a window. We jumped out and ran for the outskirts of the city. 

Lynn's POV

While Jareth was distracting Lycidas, Carson and I were walking in the forest I then noticed that he looked a little different. "Uh Carson did you have wolf ears and a tail?" I asked him and he then felt his head. "Uh- I I'm not human?!" I hear him panic and hear a thud to see he passed out.

———

Hey guys sorry about this short chapter, I've been tired and I'm spending time with my family at the moment