Chapter 4: City

I ran with the stranger getting tired. "C-can we stop please." I asked them and I looked up to see the person had pure dark hair and his had two colored eyes. His left was a dark purple and the right was pure black. "Yes, we can stop and rest for a bit." the person said, and he stopped walking. 'Hm..I don't know if I should trust him...' I think to myself while I sit down. "So..how did you know I was with the vampires?" I asked the stranger, while looking up at them. "Oh well, I saw them take you while you were unconscious. So, I followed them and saw you in one of the rooms through one of the windows." the stranger explained to me. "Oh, I see." I looked at the stranger still. "You keep looking at me, are you okay?" the stranger asked me, as I stopped looking at him. "Oh uh, yeah I'm fine-" I respond to the stranger. "By the way, what is your name?" I ask him. "Oh, my name is Jareth." the person told me. "That's a nice name." I said while I stood up. "Thank you, now what is your name?" Jareth asked me, "Oh, it's Carson." I mumble while rubbing the back of my neck a little. 

Jareth's POV

The male I saved who goes by Carson, looks like an interesting person. He seems shy and looks a bit feminine. I wonder why but he certainly does look cute. We had stopped to rest for the night since I could tell he was tired. I think he'd be a great partner but, he's a bit timid and skittish at the moment so I'll let him warm up to me first. I hear rustling in the bushes and get up quickly, my sword in hand. "Chill it's me Jareth." a familiar voice spoke. "Raloris, don't just sneak up on me like that." I shrug. My old friend Raloris a wolf human hybrid, he's been friends with me as long as I remember. "Oh, who's this sleeping?" he asked. "Oh, him? His name is Carson, I saved him from the Northern vampire clan." I told him. "Vampires? Still the mischievous ones I see-" Raloris sighed. "Yeah, turns out they had locked him in a room. Their leader is quite fond of him."

"Well, who wouldn't be fond of a cutie like him?" Raloris chuckled and he ruffled my hair. "Hey, you know how long it takes for me to style my hair." I say annoyed. "Yeah, yeah Jar." Raloris grinned. "You'll see how beautiful he really is when he opens his eyes tomorrow when the sun rises." I grin and lay down to get some rest, Raloris doing the same. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I feel the sun shining on my face, and I groan softly while sitting up slowly and rubbing my eyes. I look to see that Jareth and another person sleeping right next to me. "Huh...when did this happen? And who's this?" I mumble softly while I get up to stretch. I sit by the almost dead fire and place some more wood in it. "Morning Carson." I hear Jareth's voice seeing he was behind me. "Oh, morning Jareth..." I mumble while looking at the fire. "Who's the person who was sleeping when I woke up?" I ask him. "Oh, that's a friend of mine. His name is Raloris." Jareth answered my question. "Oh, I see." I continue to look at the fire. "We should start walking; we don't want the Northern vampire clan leader to catch up to us." the one Jareth said his name was Raloris said. "Yeah, where are we going exactly?" I asked the both of them. "Oh, you don't need to worry about that Carson." by that I feel worried, I don't completely trust these two and I don't know if I'm going to fall into a trap or not. 

I put out the fire and the three of us start to walk. I feel uneasy travelling with two people, they can easily attack me or do other unforgivable things. I keep quiet while walking, hearing Jareth's voice. "Carson, you, okay? You've been quiet for the past few hours now." I look at him and nod without speaking. We've been walking for 5 hours, or it felt like it. "Oh, we are finally here." I hear Jareth's voice speak. I look up to see that we have arrived at a city. 'So, this place also has some modern look to it.' I think to myself while walking to the city with Jareth and Raloris. As we walk, I see someone running to us they had bunny ears which were a light brown peach color and brown skin. "Jareth!" I hear them say, they sound female, and we I see them they are a female bunny. "Oh, who is this Jareth?" the female asked. "Oh, this is Carson." Jareth introduced me to the female. "Oh, well nice to meet you Carson, my name is Lynn." the female smiled. "Uh, nice to meet you too Lynn." 

"Come on I need to show you the city Carson!" Lynn smiled while grabbing my hand and started to drag me away to explore. "Well, she didn't think twice before taking Carson to look around." Raloris chuckled. "Yeah, but we need to be careful. Remember Lycidas's men are out to get him. So, we need to make sure that Carson is safe got it?" Jareth said to Raloris in a protective tone. "Yeah, yeah I know. You are fond of Carson too, and so am I dear friend." Raloris grinned.

Raloris's POV 

"Hey, I saw him first Ral." my friend Jareth said with a bit of anger in his voice. "Jar, it's not a competition. But if it was, I'd sweep him off his feet first." I chuckled. "Oh yeah? First to see which one of us he prefers first gets to date him." Jareth said. "Well, it's a bet then, my dear friend." 

Lycidas's POV

I patiently wait for one of my spies to arrive to give me intel on the one that took my little mouse away from me. I wanted to kill whoever took him. I hear a knock on my door and one of my spies arrive. "Sir, Carson is in the hybrid city. He had a human and Hybrid help him escape." they told me. "...Bring him to me and I don't care what you do to the other two just bring him back to me. Now!" I yell and my spy leaves my office