The Family Reunion

Start from the beginning

Aarav was here walking around in tension and Shanthan approached him.
'Andha ponna Devi ku pudichurum..',Shanthan said and Aarav looked at him.

'Ava unnayu Aayushi yayum inga kootitu vandhe paadhi pass pannitaa..Rendu perun pesikita kandippa pudikum..',Shanthan patted his shoulder and Aarav nodded smiling.

'Cafe lam epdi poitu iruku?', Shanthan asked.
'Nalla pogudhu pa..',Aarav replied.
'Nee illaama veedu veedave illa..Un amma dha eppapaaru polambeete irupaa,naanum appo apoo..(smiles)Ippo romba happy ah iruku Aarav..',Shanthan said.
'Sorry pa..Ungala vittutu poiruka koodadhu..',Aarav apologised.

'Paravalla Kanna..Ennikaa irundhaalum.nee thirumba vandhuruvennu engaluku theriyum..',Shanthan said and Aayushi ran towards them.

'Appaa..Enaku thatha paati ya romba pudichuruku...', Aayushi said and Shanthan picked her in his arms.
'Serii da..',Aarav patted her cheek.

Aarav walked into the house and he found no one in the living room.He heard voices in the kitchen.

He had a content smile on his face when Kanmani and Devika was laughing and giggling.Devika was frying the pappads and Kanmani was arranging the plates.

'Nejamave neenga singer ah?Aarav sonnadhe illa..',she said.
'Naan padichadhe B.A music dhan da..Aprom music classes la eduthutu irundhe ippo konjam tired aaga aarambichuruchu..Yedukuradhilla..',she said.

'Naan venumna oru paatu paadava?',Kanmani asked and she smiled.
'Paatellam paada theriyuma?',Devika asked.
'Oru alavuku...',Kanmani said.
'Hmm paadu..',Devika said and Kanmani nodded.

Azhagin azhagu aval yaarena viyandhe annal nokkinaan..

Her eyes fell on Aarav who was listening to her.She raised her eyebrows at him and he actioned her to continue.

Azhagai parugum avan yaarena mayangi avalum nokkinaal..

Aaa aa aa aa aa..
Azhagin azhagu aval yaarena viyandhe annal nokkinaan..

Minnugira ponnil pootha mugama
Vandugal unnum thenin suvaiyaa

Pookalil thondri veesum manama
Paakkalin sorkal pesum nayama..

Aarav noticed her how beautiful she was in the salwar she was wearing.Her kohled doe eyes, pointing button nose,pink glossy lips,the jumkhas that kept dancing inbetween her curls everything felt perfect in his eyes.

Annal nokaa Avalum nokaa
Ulagam uraindhida..

All the while their eyes locked which was noticed by Devika and she smiled inwardly.

Aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa

Azhagin azhagu aval yaar..

Ni ri ga ga ga ri ga ma ma ma
Ga ma pa pa pa ma pa ri sa ga ri sa
Ni ri ga ga ga ri ga ma ma ma
Ga ma pa pa pa ma pa ri sa ga ri sa

Ni ni ni ni ni dha ma pa ma pa pa
Ma pa ni ni ni dha ni ri sa ni
Sa sa sa ni ri sa ni ma pa ka ma ga ri
Ga ma ga ni sa ga ma ga ni sa ga ma ni sa..

(Azhagin azhagu from Sita Ramam)

Their trance broke when Devika clapped her hands in appreciation.
'Romba azhaga paadra da..',Devika kissed Kanmani's forehead which made her overwhelmed.
'Thanks ma..', she said and Devika looked at her.

'Apdi koopdlam dhanae?', Kanmani asked and Devika patted her cheek.
'Unakku yepdi pudikidho apdiye koopdu..',she said and Kanmani and Aarav looked at eachother.She smiled at him and he reciprocated it.

'Hmmm..Deii en marumagal ah paathadhu podhum vaa vandhu sapadu ellaam eduthu veii..',Devika teased Aarav and moved.

'Aarav eyy..',she showed her palms for a hifi and he joined his palms with hers.
'Yepdi vera level ah?', Kanmani asked and Aarav raised his eyebrows and showed a super sign.

'Seri vaanga polaamm..', Kanmani was about to move but he caught her wrist and stopped her,'Heyy..'
'Enna?',she asked.
'Indha jhumkas unaku romba azhaga iruku..',he said and her cheeks turned pink.

'Mr.Aarav?Idhu nejamava neenga dhaana?', Kanmani asked.
'Yen?',he asked.
'Illa naan paatha Aarav,romba silent ah,appaavi aana aala irupaare..', Kanmani said.

'Hmm..Andha aala dhan ipdi maathitaangale..All credits goes to Miss.Kanmani Shankar',Aarav pulled her nose.
'Paarah..Aarav eyy..Theriteenga..theriteengam',she said and he laughed.

'Serii ippo namma polaam..Vaanga vaanga..',she pulled him to the dining table.

They all settled in the dining table and Devika was about to serve,Kanmani stopped her.
'Maa..Naan serve panren..',Kanmani took the basin from her hands.

'Illa da nee ukkaaru..Naan paathukuren..',Devika said.
'Illa illa neenga ukkaarunga..', Kanmani pulled a chair for Devika and started serving.Soon she too settled with them.

'Aiii kathirika varuval ah..Idhella romba miss pannen ma..',Aarav said.
'Sapdu pa..',Devika patted his head and they all continued eating.

Kanmani noticed how happy he was with his parents.His eyes clearly showed the happiness inside him while Aarav noticed how comfortable she was with his parents.The way she mingled with them and they too took good care of her.They both noticed Aayushi being the happiest and the old couple noticed everything around them.

They spent time together and they didn't know how the time flew.They all had their dinner.Aayushi was sleeping on Kanmani's lap.
'Serii travel panni vandha tired la irupeenga..Poi padunga..Kaalaila pesalam..',Shanthan said.

'Kanmani..Unaku mela irukura room la ellaame arrange pannite.. Nee poi paduthuko, Aarav neeyum Aayushi ya thookitu poi padukka vechutu padu..',Devika said and they both nodded.

Soon Aarav's parents retired to their room and Aarav picked Aayushi in his arms.
They stood infront of his room.

'Naaliku morning ready ah iru..Oru important aana edathuku ponum..',he said.
'Yenga?',she asked.
'Solren..',he said and she nodded.

'Happy ah irukeenga la Aarav ey?', Kanmani asked and Aarav nodded.

'Romba..Unaku pudichurukaa inga?',Aarav asked.
'Romba romba pudichuruku Aarav ey...Unga kitta yepdi comfortable ah iruko adhe maari ingeyu enaku comfortable ah iruku..',she said and he smiled.

'Enkooda unaku comfortable ah irukaa?',he asked.
'Aama..Yen ungaluku illaya?', she asked.
'Unaku theriyaadha?',he asked looking into her.

'Theriyum.. Good night..',she moved back and Aarav dropped Aayushi on the bed.

She stopped in her tracks and turned towards him.
'Enna ma?',he asked and she wordlessly hugged him.Aarav hesitated for a second and hugged her back.

The hug lasted for few seconds and Kanmani pulled back.
'Ennaachu?', he asked.
'Illa summa thonichu..Poitu varen..',she walked out of his room smiling all the way and he stood there looking at her disappearing figure with the same happy smile.

TO BE CONTINUED...