The Family Reunion

'Devi..en kannadi yenga?',Shanthan asked searching for his spectacles all around the living room.
'Ungaluku idhe velaiya pochu..', Devika came out from the kitchen and sighed heavily.

'Kaanom ma..',he said and she walked towards him.
'Ella edathulayum thediteengala?', she asked looking at him top to toe.
'Theditene...Kaanom..',he said.
'Appo idhu ennadhu?',Devika took the spectacles that was resting on his head with the help of his ears.

'Inga dhan irundhudha?',he smiled sheepishly rubbing his nape and received the spectacles from her.
'Hmm..(sighs)Seri vaanga sapdlam..',Devika called him.
'Enna samachuruka?',Shanthan asked wearing the spectacles.

'Market ku ponen nga..kathirikaai(brinjal) vaangitu vandhu varuval panniten..', Devika said and Shanthan smiled weakly.
'Aarav ku romba pudikum la?',Shanthan asked and Devika nodded.

'Avan namma paiyan nga..Namma kitta dhan thirumba varuvaan..Aana enna avanuku konjam time theva padudhu avlodhan..',Devika said and Shanthan nodded and the door knocking sound caught their attention.

'Naan poi paakuren..', Shanthan moved towards the door and opened it to find a young woman standing there.
'Yaaru ma venum?',Shanthan asked softly.
'Oru nimisham uncle..(turns aside)Aayushi va..',

Aayushi who was standing behind Kanmani,peeped outside which made Shanthan's eyes immediately teared up.They've seen Aayushi in the photos which Rakshan and Prakash sent.
Aayushi walked forward and looked at Kanmani.

Shanthan knelt down infront of Aayushi and touched her head.
'Neenga dha en thatha va?',Aayushi asked and Shanthan nodded as he couldn't speak because of the overwhelming feel.
'Sorry thatha..Ungala romba naala paakave varala..Inime adikadi naan ungala paaka varen..',she said and Shanthan hugged her.

Happy tears were rolling down through Shanthan's cheeks while Kanmani's too became watery.
'Sorry da..Thatha vum unna paaka varala..',Shanthan pulled back and Aayushi wiped his tears.

'Yaaru nga?',Devika came there but stopped in her tracks looking at Aayushi.
'Paatii dhana ivanga?',Aayushi asked and Kanmani nodded.

Aayushi ran inside and hugged by Devika's waist.
Pulling back from the hug,Devika knelt down and kissed all over Aayushi's face.
'Thangam...Paati ya paaka vandhurukeengala?',Devika smiled and lifted Aayushi in her arms.She walked towards Kanmani and they both stood clueless about her.

'Unga pethi ya welcome panniteenga..Unga paiyana paaka venaama?', Kanmani asked and their eyes fell on Aarav who was standing there in hesitation.
'Kannaa...', Devika safely dropped Aayushi before running to him.

'Sorry maa..',he hugged her and Devika hugged him back.She pulled back and kissed his forehead.
'Paravalla da thangam..Amma ta vandhutella.. Adhuve podhum..',she patted his cheek and Shanthan approached them.

'Sorry paa..',he hugged him and Shanthan patted his back.
'Yepdi iruka Kanna?',Shanthan asked and he nodded.His eyes fell on Kanmani and she blinked her eyes with a smile,he softly chuckled at her.

Aayushi was in Shanthan's arms and he was showing her the garden.
Aarav and Kanmani was sitting infront of Devika.
'Neenga pesitu irunga...Naan vandharen..',Aarav left from after assuring her that everything will be alright.

'Un peru enna sonna?',Devika asked.
'Kanmani..Aunty..',she replied and Devika nodded.
'En paiyana pudichuruka?',Devika asked.

'Unga paiyana, Aayushi ya,ungala nu ellaarayume romba pudichuruku..', Kanmani said and Devika smiled.
'Amma appa lam ena panraanga?',Devika asked.
'Appa illa aunty..Amma vera oru kalyanam pannitu ipo vera family la irukaanga..Anna anni and enna valatha amma Shakee ma mattum dhan enaku..Ippo Aarav,Aayushi ipdi oru family',Kanmani said and Devika felt the honesty in her eyes when she said the last words.It wasn't sugar coated,Devika felt that she meant it.