The Lullaby

'Karthi,Indha vaati kandippa unmaiya irukuma?',Meera asked with hopeful eyes and Karthi held her hands as an assurance.
'Dhairiyama ulla po! Whatever the result,remember we are in this together!Paathukalam', Karthick handed her the pregnancy test kit.

'Hmmm..',she nodded after taking a deep breath.She left inside the washroom while Karthi waited outside.

It wasn't the first time for them.Its been four years since they got married and they decided to have a baby last year.There is no month left without expectations and especially Meera was the one expecting more.After five months of waiting she started getting worried about the baby which made Karthick to worry about Meera.Karthick's mother was constantly advising them to visit the hospital and Karthi kept denying because of Meera's fear.

And again Meera's periods got delayed and they decided to confirm it.This time Meera too decided to visit the doctor if she didn't get pregnant.

Karthik was waiting anticipatingly and the door got opened.

Meera brokedown into tears and Karthi pulled her into his embrace.She kept sobbing which made his shirt wet and Karthi slowly caressed her hair.

'Heyy azhuvaadha da..If not today then kandippa next time..',Karthik consoled her and Meera looked up from his embrace.
'K..Karthi...Namma..We are going to be parents..',Meera said and Karthi's eyes welled up.
'Nejamava?',Karthi asked and Meera nodded in tears.

He chuckled as tears started to roll down through his cheeks.He fondly kissed her forehead.
'Veetuku sollama?',Karthi asked.
'Illa Karthi,confirm pannitu sollalam..First Kanmani kitta dha solnum, next dhaa ellarukum..',Meera said and Karthi chuckled patting her head.
'Seriii..', Karthi smiled.

'Shakee maaa..Aayushiii..',Kanmani entered inside while Aayushi who was watching the tv jumped down seeing her.
'Heyyyy Kanmaniiiiiii...', Aayushi ran towards her and hugged Kanmani.

Kanmani lifted her a little and swirled and that's when Shakee ma saw them.She smiled at the adorable duo.
'Sorry Doremon...',Aayushi hung her head down.
'Yedhuku sorry?', Kanmani asked.
'Illa ennaala nethu nee Appa kitta thittu vaangunella.. Adhukudha..',Aayushi apologised with a sad face making her chuckle.

'Aww..Aayushi kutty... You don't have to be sorry..Adhella paravalla',Kanmani kissed her head.
'Nejama kovam illala?',Aayushi asked and Kanmani shook her head.
'Appo okayy',Aayushi smiled and Kanmani touched her forehead to check Aayushi's temperature.
'Hmm fever illa..', Kanmani said and Aayushi touched her neck.
'Unakum fever illa...',she said and Kanmani touched her forehead with her's.

'Heyy vaalu vandhutiya?Odambu ipo yepdi iruku?',Shakee ma asked while they parted.
'Achoo pulla mugame vaadi poiruku..',Shakee ma touched her cheek.
'Aiyoo Im all good Shakee ma.. Paarunga..', Kanmani showed her little bicep.

'Hmmm..',Shakee ma pulled her cheek and moved towards kitchen.
'Serii Shakee ma semmaya pasikudhu..Ena lunch?',Kanmani asked.
'Suda suda melagu rasam,egg pepper fry panniruken.. Fever ku romba nalladhu..',Shakee ma said.

'Fever ku nalladha?Appo engaluku illaya?',Kanmani shrugged settling on the sofa with Aayushi.
Aayushi gave Kanmani a hifi after laughing out loud for her comment.
'Vaaiyaadi..',Shakee ma shouted from the kitchen.
'Hehe...',they both giggled.

'Indhaanga kudinga...',Shakee ma came with a tray and looked at the duo who was watching Doremon with all interest in eachother's arms.
'Huh?Ippodhana saptom,adhukulla yedhuku coffee?', Kanmani asked as she sat straight.

'Indhaa kudii..',Shakee ma said and both picked each glasses.
'Enna idhu black coffee ah?',Kanmani sipped it and made a face which was as same as Aayushi's.