Chapter 15: 6 Idiots Stranded (Not)

(Y/n) POV

"Ha! I'm the Flappy Bird champion, suck it!" Akagi declared. His score of 14 bested us all, second place going to Yamaoka. And Nakasone was at the bottom, they didn't even try.

"Rematch, now!" Yamaoka demanded.

"This is the dumbest shit I could have never come up with yet here we are, doing it. I genuinely thought we'd be doing something fun." Nakasone said.

"What do you mean? This is fun." Kano said.

"What's so fun about this?" Nakasone asked.

"You're just salty about the time you almost smashed your phone because of this game..." Irohana said.

"Hey, give me another go!" Kaya said.

"Hang on!" Akagi said, focused on staying alive. The bell rung, meaning it was class time.

"Can I have my phone back?" I asked. Akagi nodded and handed it back.

"Wait, (L/n)! Can I ask you something?" He asked.

"Go on."

"We're friends, right?" He asked.

"Um... I don't know. Do you think so?" I asked.

"It's your decision. I mean, I'd like it if we were friends." He said.

"...alright then? But why?"

"Huh?"

"Why do you want to be friends? I've never talked to you before meeting you at the mall. Why do you want to be my friend?" I asked.

"Because... you're cool?" He said, though it sounded more like a question.

"Why do you think that?"

"Um... your friends told me?"

"Ok?" I said. I was still confused about it all. How did Akagi and Kita meet Arisu and Eiko? When did this happen?

"Wow (L/n)-san, you're really awkward, you know? Like, what was that just now?" Yamaoka asked, putting his hand on my shoulder.

"What was what just now?" I asked.

"That conversation with poor volley boy over here. Why'd you have to ask him why he wants to be friends?" He asked.

"Because I want to know. You wouldn't be friends with a stranger, would you?" I asked.

"Yeah, but you don't have to be so accusatory when you're talking to someone who could be your new friend." Yamaoka pointed out. I sighed.

"Ok, what do you want me to say?" I asked.

"Hey Akagi, tell (L/n) what you want." Yamaoka said.

"Uh, to be friends?" Akagi said.

"And now (L/n), what do you say to that?"

"Why?" I asked.

"Y-your friends told me you were cool and I believed them!" He said. Kaya noticed us talking together and joined us.

"Oh, you're here too. Help the poor volley boy out, he and (L/n) are trying to become friends but (L/n) is socially inept because they're a fucking nerd." Yamaoka said.

"I thought you said you already were friends." Kaya said, confused.

"Oh, did I?"

"You said it as we came here?" He said.

"I guess I did..." I said.

"Well, it doesn't matter if you said it or not (L/n), you need to make some more friends besides the gremlin child that forced you to be their friend." Kaya said.