"Fucking prick," you hissed and shoved past your former lover. This wasn't how you pictured this going at all. Now you knew you definitely couldn't kill this man, even if you were paid all the money in the world. You just couldn't bring yourself to raise a blade to his heart and kill him off, knowing damn well that you would live the rest of eternity with the guilt of knowing what you did gnawing away at your belly like a hungry wild dog.

Tears stung your eyes, a key being swiped off the wall behind the winged feline before you left the lobby, fighting back whatever sobs wanted to leave you at that moment. The spear in your hand vanished into a puff of golden cloud. What were you going to do? You had already struggled enough up in paradise with trying to forget about him, but now he was in the same building as you and was going to be you colleague as well. Both just awful things. Why couldn't he be dead? Why did he have to become who is now? Why couldn't he have just fucking died when he got down here?

None of that mattered now, though, because now you were stuck here with him and nothing was going to change that. I won't be able to bring myself to leave, will I? you thought to yourself, listening as the stairs groaned beneath your weight as you lifelessly lugged yourself up them. That was a horribly terrifying thought. The thought of being trapped in his hands, strings attached to your wrists and ankles while he toyed with you like some sort of puppet. Though he wouldn't be aware that he had such a powerful control over you unless you told him, which you never would. You refused to admit anything to him; not after everything you two had been through.

And, of course, on top of all that, there was always the possibility that he didn't even remember who you were. Previous memories from what his life had been could very easily be lost and forgotten in the huge sea of new memories of what his life was now, so it was likely that you were nothing but a mere phantom of a dream in his mind. Something that you couldn't recall what it was in the slightest, but knew it still existed. God, what if that's true? What if I've been hurting and crying about him for almost a century when he forgot who I was the moment he dropped down here?

Taking a glance at your room number, you continued your journey down the long, winding halls of the hotel until you arrived in front of your door, the key being slipped into the keyhole and twisted, the door giving a light click to signify that it had been unlocked. You pushed the barrier open and silently took in your new surroundings, your heavy duffel bag being tossed beside the queen-sized bed and onto the wooden floorboards.

This room was just as clean as the lobby, a nice vanity stood near the bed while a tv was set up on the opposing wall so you could lay down and watch a movie. There was a door on the right wall that you assumed led to a bathroom, hopefully with a shower and some miniature shampoo bottles you could steal. There was also a love seat and two armchairs, a small coffee table in the middle of the three so one could have a nice chat while eating their breakfast.

And then there was the balcony, the large, glass doors currently shut to keep the fresh(er) air of the hotel in and the polluted air of Hell out. You sighed, deciding to explore a little further later as you lazily flopped face first onto the bed. It was still early in the morning and yet you felt as if you had just run twenty miles without taking a break. Some reunion that was, eh? Maybe if he hadn't tried peeling your wings off your body it could have been a little nicer.

Two knocks resounded from the entrance of your new room, a soft groan from you letting the one on the other side know that they could enter. Gabriel stepped into the threshold, his eyes all looking very worried. "(Y/n), are you alright?" he asked while approaching the bed.

You kept your eyes away from him, a feeling of anger and betrayal burning within you. "Why? Why didn't you tell me?" There was no answer from your friend, the silence seeming almost as suffocating as a rope being tightened around your neck.

• 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐲'𝐬 𝐓𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐂𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 • Alastor x Readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें