I let the hot water fall generously onto my skin. Easing my back muscles slowly to release all the pent up tension. I allowed my mind to reel in my thoughts as it continue to flow against my back.

I was so deep in this fucked up shit with Dominic, I wasn't sure if there was truly away out. As the days go by, I felt my hope of getting out diminishing. With all that I have witnessed and endured during this whole thing, I was not getting out lightly. I knew that.

I didn't care what happened to me, but I keep pushing forward for the people I love, for the people I care about because they deserve to be protected at all cost and I will do that till my last breathe.

Leah.

I took in a sharp breathe from the thought of her. She was never, never suppose to get this deep in. She was suppose to be a form of distraction from all of this. The one last thing keeping me from losing myself completely.

Be honest with yourself, she was never just a distraction.

I ran my hand through my soaked hair pushing it away from my face. She was much more than a distraction. More than she knows. Every inch of me wants to shield and protect her from this dangerous world. Yet she found herself falling deeper into it also. If only I had kept my distance she wouldn't be in any of this.

Everything was so fucked up.

Turning off the water, I grabbed a towel and wrapped it around my waist. I took the bottle of pain killers off my counter and popped a few in my mouth. Getting dressed, I picked up my backpack along with my keys and headed downstairs.

It was quiet. Mom and Sam had already left. I headed outside and was automatically hit with a gust of cold. Stepping out, I locked the front door and that's when I felt two arms locking into my own dragging me backwards.

"What the fuck?" I yelled and looked up to see my two idiot best friends pulling me across the yard. "You fuckers, let me go!"

They grinned down at me, but kept their grip iron strong. "No can do." Luke spoke up and I heard the beeping sound of a car unlocking. I'm being kidnapped! How is no one seeing this!?

They each grabbed my legs and tossed me into the backseat and locked the car doors immediately after. I tried to open the lock and pull on the door handles but the freaking child safety lock was on. Those bastards.

Each got into the car and pulled out of the neighborhood. I grabbed their shoulders in a tight grip causing Ian and Luke to jump and eyes widen. "Where are you taking me?" I said eerily calm.

Ian noticeably gulped out of fear as he kept his eyes on the road. "It's a surprise."

"I don't like surprises." I said in a dark tone.

"You'll like this one." Luke said sheepishly.

Oh, I better.

"This" I said pointing to the building in front of us. "Is the surprise. The arcade?" I glared at my two best friends. It was the same one I had took Leah to. "This is the reason you kidnapped me?"

They grinned ear to ear. I wanted to smack it off their faces.

"Dude, when was the last time we had a guys day?" Ian asked. Thinking back, it's been months since we hung out on our own. He clasped his hands onto my shoulders. "Exactly."

"I've been dying to kick your ass at some games." Luke shot a smirk towards me and walked towards the building. Oh, cocky son of a bitch.

"Put your money where you mouth is." I shouted at his departing figure.