Seventeen

Song Recommendation: Kesariya by Arijit Singh and Raataan Lambiyan by Asees Kaur, Jubin Nautiyal, and Tanishk Bagchi 

Third Person POV

"Hey Aiden?" Aru said as the two were sitting by the beach, watching the sunset.

Aiden immediately sat attentive; Aru never called him by his name unless it was important. "Yes, love?"

"I know you just met my brother but I want you to meet my Nani."

"Your Nani? Won't she try and kill me?" Aiden asked 

"Why do you think everyone is going to kill you?" Aru asked 

"Maybe because you're from Dushman and I'm from Kaali?" Aiden raised an eyebrow at Aru. 

"Right. Stupid bloody gangs. Nani won't kill you. She'll probably like you more than me." Aru replied, smiling at the thought of her Nani meeting Aiden. 

"Okay, she lives here right? In Sofia Sofia?" 

"Yup, about twenty minutes from my house." 

"When do you want me to meet her?" Aiden asked 

"Well, I'm planning on seeing her tomorrow so maybe then?" 

"Sounds good to me." Aiden replied, resting his head on Aru's.

[][][][][][][][][][][][]

The next day, when Aru was driving to pick up Aiden she called her grandmother. "Hey Nani, what's up?" 

"Hello, beta. Aap kaise ho (How are you?)?" Kiran replied

"I'm alright, I'm alright." 

After a couple moments of silence, Aru said something. 

"Okay, listen. You know how I've been dating the Kaali heir?" Aru asked 

"Yeah." 

"I want you to meet him. Today." 

"What?! You couldn't have told me this sooner! I need to cook and I need to clean! And I need to get ready to meet my granddaughter's boyfriend! Silly girl! You need to give me at least two days' notice!" Nani exclaimed. 

Aru could her shuffling on the other end as her grandmother got up and started running around her house trying to cook and clean. 

"There's no need for that! He's just nervous about meeting you. He'll be happy as long as you don't kill him." Aru laughed 

"Kill him! No! I want to congratulate him for putting up with your nonsense!" she exclaimed 

"Nani!" 

"What? I'm right! You are a handful! Good for him for putting up with you! Especially since the incident!"  

"Oh my gods..... Well, I'm picking him up now so we'll be there in like twenty minutes." Aru said, rolling her eyes jokingly. 

"Twenty minutes?! How the bloody hell am I to cook dinner and tidy the house in twenty bloody minutes?" Nani shouted making Aru jump. 

"I don't know! Sorry for the late notice Nani! Love you, bye!" Aru said, quickly hanging up before she could get a lecture. 

Pulling into a secluded forest, Aru waited for Aiden to show up by watching Om Shanti Om on her phone. 

About ten minutes later, Aru saw a black SUV parked and Aiden walked out of it. As soon as Aiden's feet hit the ground and he closed the door, the SUV drove away.