𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴

Start from the beginning

I walked us toward my car and unlocked it before opening the door and helping her inside. She crossed her legs and I closed the door, taking in a deep breath.

God, I'm fucked in the best way possible.

After starting the car I fixed the mirror and pulled out of my parking space. I got behind a few cars speeding by and moved my free hand to rest on Maeve's thigh.

"You're really so beautiful you know that right? You make me so nervous," Maeve's gaze only caused my nerves to grow. She smiled and exhaled a soft breath before moving a hand to rest over mine.

"I do?" Maeve questioned before nervously biting her bottom lip. "I like it," she whispered and turned back to peer in front of her. My hand nervously squeezed her thigh and I cleared my throat.

I felt like if I were to talk right now I'd stutter my life away.

So I stayed quiet.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

The whole car ride we sat in comfortable silence. Maeve sang along to the songs she knew and her singing was beyond pretty.

I parked the car in the parking lot of an art gallery. I've been to one of these once but never had a reason to come back. Till Maeve came around.

For some reason, I wanted to show her all the pretty art there is at this place. Though, none of these pieces had anything on Maeve.

"Oo," Maeve straightened her posture and I shoved my keys into my pocket. "Never been to an art gallery before," I couldn't tell if Maeve was being sarcastic or genuinely surprised so I just hope she was genuinely surprised.

I exited my car and shut the door before walking over to her side. I helped her out and slipped my hand on her lower back before closing the door.

"We can get something to eat after if that's fine?" Maeve nodded quickly and I walked us toward the entrance of the modern built building.

When we stepped inside the breeze instantly brushed goosebumps over Maeve's skin. She quietly blew out a chilly breath and I smiled before moving my fingers to remove the jacket from my arms.

Maeve noticed what I was doing and let out a soft laugh with a slow head shake.

"You were just waiting for that weren't you?" My smile widened and I nodded quickly before moving to slide the jacket onto Maeve's arms. It fit her big as expected but looked nice with her dress.

"You look so gorgeous," Maeve smiled and my arm hooked with hers and we walked to the first painting that caught her eye. Minimal people were looking at it till we came over then suddenly others began to come over.

Not to look at the painting but to talk to Maeve.

"This painting is gorgeous isn't it?" An older woman questioned while taking a sip of her champagne. Maeve let out a nervous laugh and nodded slowly. "But you're even prettier, how old are you? You look about my son's age... if you know what I mean."

I cleared my throat and Maeve excused us both. I led us toward the secluded restrooms and locked the doors after we walked in.

"I wasn't going to tell her my age, by the way," I nodded and draped my eyes over Maeve when she removed the suit jacket from her arms and placed it on the spacious sink counter. "Why are you looking at me like that?"