Chapter 7

The first thing Wilbur registered was that the kiss was soft.

No, it was Quackity's lips that were soft. And he, Wilbur, had his lips on Quackity's. Holy shit.
Quackity's touch was surprisingly gentle when he leaned in to cup Wilbur's face, kissing him even more before breaking it off. Wilbur hadn't kissed anyone before, but he knew that the kiss was too short to be acceptable, so he softly laughed, flustered, and pulled Quackity into another (longer) one. Quackity draped his arms around Wilbur's shoulders as they kissed, and a pink blush tinted both their cheeks.
Wilbur pulled back for a second, his thumb on scar tissue, wiping the tears away from Quackity's face.
He softly chuckled, breathless, as their noses touched. The butterflies in his stomach were having a field day.

"I like you too, you idiot," Quackity murmured with a small laugh.
"What does this mean for... us?" Wilbur asked quietly, smiling back at Quackity and gently caressing his cheek.
"I don't think making out on the rooftop makes us just friends any more, Wilbur."
"Good, that's good. Because I don't want to be friends."
"Neither do I," Quackity said as Wilbur lovingly carded a hand through his long black hair.
"That's that, then. Boyfriends?" Wilbur asked, still a little stunned from the fact that Alex fucking Quackity liked him back. Romantically.
"Boyfriends."

Wilbur chuckled softly, still not believing it. The light from the meteor shower cast a glorious red and white light onto Quackity's face, letting Wilbur appreciate every angle, every little detail of Quackity's face.
"I really want to kiss you again right now," he admitted, flustered, and Quackity smiled.
"Go on then."
Large hands cupped Quackity's face as Wilbur leaned in to kiss him again, eyes fluttering shut as they closed the distance between them. When they pulled away, both Wilbur and Quackity were positively gasping for breath.
"You're a good kisser," Quackity said, looking down shyly.
"You're better," Wilbur responded with a wink.

Quackity softly laughed.
"Do you want to go back inside?" Wilbur asked,  gently caressing Quackity's face with his thumb.
"Okay," Quackity replied, looking into Wilbur's eyes lovingly. As they walked, they held hands tightly.

"Tommy!" Wilbur half-yelled. Tommy, who had been sleeping in his hotel room, was rudely awoken by Wilbur.
"Hm... Wil? It's fuckin'-" Tommy checked the time- "-7am, what the fuck are you doing here?"
"We kissed!" Wilbur said, punching the air.
"Wait, what? It actually worked?"
"Yeah!"
"Wow... so what's wrong with Big Q, then?" Tommy asked.
"What?"
"Does he have, like, brain damage or something? He must have brain damage if he wants to go out with you," Tommy said, grinning mischievously.

"Oh ha, ha, very funny, Toms. You know how long I've had a crush on him for, you've gotta understand how big this is for me!" Wilbur said, a little disheartened by Tommy's less than enthusiastic response.
"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Stupid guy kisses stupid guy, big deal," Tommy said, still grinning. "For real, though? Happy for you guys. I think."
"Thank you, Tommy. I mean, it was so romantic! He was all 'oh, I like you back' and I was all 'whaaaaat?' and then we kissed! Under a meteor shower! That's so fucking romantic, don't you agree?" Wilbur said enthusiastically, gesticulating wildly.

"We really out here romanticising meteor showers?"
"No, no, I just mean it was really fucking pretty! Like- you had to be there to appreciate it, you know?" Wilbur said, trying to explain the best he could.
"I was there. I watched the meteor shower through my hotel window, not from an open space outside like an idiot," Tommy said, crossing his arms and grinning.
"Yeah- okay- so, like, just imagine two men- that's me and Quackity, by the way- kissing under that meteor shower," Wilbur said.
"...ew."

"Seriously?"
"What? It is ew. You guys were literally sharing spit."
"That's an... unflattering way to put it. I love him, alright?" Wilbur said, a slight blush appearing on his cheeks at even the thought of Quackity.
"At least I have a new brother," Tommy replied, shrugging.
"Brother-in-law," Wilbur corrected him.
"Whatever." Tommy thought for a moment. "Wait, y'know Fundy?"
"Yeah?"
"Isn't Quackity technically his step-dad now? That's weird," Tommy said with a shudder.
"Oh God. That is weird."