Chapter 4

Las Nevadas hadn't had much business at that time, so Wilbur didn't do much in the hours Quackity was asleep. It turned out that the 'nap' he took lasted eighteen hours.
By God, this man was sleep deprived.
Fundy had passed Wilbur by without even acknowledging his existence twice, so Wilbur was suspecting this was not just a coincidence, and that his own son was rejecting him.
Hey, at least he had Quackity, right?

It was currently 9am and Wilbur had been up most of the night, occasionally passing out on Quackity's desk just to wake up half an hour later, just to prove to Quackity he could make Las Nevadas run smoothly and that he was not untrustworthy. I mean, it hadn't been blown up yet, so why wouldn't Quackity let him into Las Nevadas?
Wilbur decided 9am was an appropriate time to wake Quackity, who had gone to sleep at 3pm, so he headed towards Quackity's bedroom, where he found the man himself fast asleep. He hadn't even bothered to take his tie off.

"Hey, Q, time to wake up," he said quietly, softly rocking Quackity as not to shock him. Quackity slowly opened his eyes, getting up with some struggle- like his bones were heavy or something- and blinked a couple times before talking.
"Hm..?"
"Q! You're awake!" Wilbur exclaimed gleefully.
"What... ugh, my head hurts... what time is it?" Quackity asked groggily, rubbing his eyes.
"It's 9am. You slept for a long time," Wilbur replied with a soft chuckle, "and you slept in your tie."
"Ah, shit, I did- wait, is Las Nevadas okay?!" he exclaimed, suddenly panicked.
"Don't worry! Las Nevadas is fine. Things have gone smoothly, you're fine, Quackity," Wilbur replied, smiling.
"Oh, thank God."

"Did you sleep well?" Wilbur asked.
"Best sleep I've had in a while, actually, thanks for asking," Quackity replied, sounding oddly relieved. "My head hurts like a bitch, though."
"Ah, that'll go away in a few minutes, don't you worry. It happens to me after long naps as well."
"Hm. Did anything happen in Las Nevadas?" Quackity asked.
"No, nothing major," Wilbur answered. "Kind of disappointing, really, it'd be interesting to see what your work is like."
"Nah, it's boring."
"My life is boring, I don't mind," Wilbur said with a chuckle.

"That's fair," Quackity said, returning Wilbur's chuckle. "I mean, I do need a new assistant..."
"Wait, what?"
"What? You'd be a good assistant," Quackity said with a laugh. "I mean, obviously you're not going to take it, but if I were to offer you that position-"
"I'd take it," Wilbur said quickly.
"You would?" Quackity asked, raising an eyebrow.
"Yeah, absolutely," Wilbur said, blushing and swallowing thickly. Apparently he'd lost all means of acting normal around Quackity.

"Really?"
"Hell yeah, Q, I'd love to work in Las Nevadas. All I have right now are the clothes on my back and the food I serve," Wilbur said with a shrug.
"If I do hire you... do you promise to never come into contact with any TNT?" Quackity asked.
"I promise. Really."
Quackity paused. "You're in, then."
Wilbur felt like cheering.

His face split into a wide grin. "Great. That's great. Thank you, Quackity," he said happily. "So when do I start?"
"I mean, you can start now if you want, but the job is boring as fuck," Quackity said with a shrug.
"Hell yeah, Q," Wilbur said gleefully. "Hang on, I just have to make a call." He excused himself and headed out the room.

Once he was out of the room, Wilbur took out his communicator and put in Tommy's number- it took a few rings, but Tommy picked it up.
"Wot?"
"He hired me!" Wilbur said excitedly.
"Who?"
"Quackity!"
"Oh, um, good for you, man," Tommy said, clearly unsure of how to respond.
"C'mon Tommy, you know that I've had a crush on him forever," Wilbur said, "and this means I get to shoot my shot at some point! I just hope he likes me back."
"Wilbur, stop with your weird crushes, Tubbo just set a burger patty on fire and I have to help him put it out-"
There was the sound of metal clattering onto the ground and some indistinct yelling and hissing.