Chapter 5

Wilbur's new job was fun. He barely did anything all day apart from following Quackity around like a lost dog and rambling on about topics- which Quackity would give a chuckle or a small 'mhm' to, obviously more occupied with paperwork than he was about whatever Wilbur liked.
The one time he really listened was when Wilbur was ranting about how much he despised Karl and Sapnap.

"Q?" Wilbur asked, sitting on the edge of Quackity's desk rather than on the chair Quackity had provided for him.
"Yeah?" Quackity mumbled.
"Can Tommy come stay? Like, just for a day or whatever?" he asked. He knew he was pushing Quackity's lenience just a little, but he hadn't seen Tommy for a while. Not in real life, at least- they'd been calling nearly every day.

Well, Tommy wasn't the one calling. It was mainly Wilbur, ranting about his stupid crush and how much he loved Quackity and how close he was getting to kissing Quackity and everything was just about Quackity.
Tommy would say some stuff about Tubbo and Phil, but it wasn't nearly as much as Wilbur would say about Quackity.

"What, at the hotel?"
"Yeah."
"If he can pay for it," Quackity said, a smirk tugging at his lips, still looking at his paperwork.
"I can pay for it. So... he's allowed to come into Las Nevadas?" Wilbur asked.
"As long as he doesn't blow anything up, yeah, I mean, he's your brother, you work here too, so..."
Wilbur would never get over the jolt of happiness he got from Quackity saying that he worked in Las Nevadas. He grinned.
"Cheers, Q."
"No problem, amor."

That pet name tugged at Wilbur's heartstrings.
"Wait, what did you just call me?" he asked breathlessly, a pink flush spreading across his cheeks.
"Oh fuck, that just slipped out, I didn't mean it like that-"
"What does it mean, though?"
Quackity sighed. "It means love in Spanish. I used to use that nickname for Karl and Sapnap and I guess it just slipped out, I didn't mean it romantically, I swear..."
Wilbur smiled. "Don't worry about it... amor."
Quackity looked up from his paperwork, annoyed.
"Seriously?"

Wilbur chuckled. "Sorry, Quackity, I'm only messing with you."
"Yeah, so stop it, asshat," Quackity said, but there was no venom behind his words. Maybe he was getting used to Wilbur.
"Hang on, I need to go call Tommy and tell him he can come," Wilbur said, hoisting himself off the desk and going out of the room.
He dialled Tommy's number and this time he look longer to answer the phone.
"Hello?"
"Tommy, d'you wanna come to Las Nevadas tomorrow? Quackity says you're allowed, plus you can stay in the cool hotel he has," Wilbur asked. Tommy paused to think.
"Alright then. Not like I had any plans anyway," he said gruffly.
"You're not excited about it?" Wilbur asked, a little hurt.
"Not really. I mean, it's all just sand and places I'm not allowed to go in," Tommy said, clearly disgruntled.

"Come on, Toms, it'll be fun! You can talk to Quackity as well! We can have brother time!"
"...is that supposed to make me want to not come, or...?"
Wilbur snorted. "You idiot. I'm paying for your hotel room, and this is what I get? Disappointing."
Tommy didn't quite pick up on the joking tone.
"Jeez, Wilbur, you didn't have to be that rude."
"I'm joking, Toms."
"Oh. Sorry."
Wilbur smiled. "It's no problem, don't worry."
"Anyway, I'm gonna pack my nice sweater," Tommy proclaimed. "Gotta look nice in front of my future brother-in-law."

"Your nice sweater?" Wilbur questioned. "Also, yes, that is true."
"The one I made from Friend's wool after they died. Got Skeppy'd. I wanted to remember them, so I made a cardigan looking thing out of their wool," Tommy explained.
"Ah. So who was Friend?"
"Don't you remember the blue sheep that died a bit after you got revived?" Tommy asked sadly. "Friend was Ghostbur's companion- well, I mean, they were his best friend, really- and Ghostbur took them everywhere he went."
Wilbur's top lip curled.
"Oh. Ghostbur," he said disdainfully. "Him."