(1) Convincing

"You're not on the list, Ma'am." The secretary annoyingly said when Patricia insisted to get inside.

Luca Silvestri, is one of the most sought businessmen. The same man also has strict security when it comes to who can enter his office and talk to him privately. Well, given that he owns a tech company, that only explains why the security is tight although it seems not like it.

"Look, Miss Secretary. My job is at risk, they are going to fire me if I can't interview Mr. Silvestri. Just this one, please?" Patricia pleaded.

Actually, the company wouldn't fire her but looking at the situation, it seems like she needs to do more pleading even if it means lying to the poor secretary.

She's working at Pro-Live Magazine, which features successful people all around the world. Their highlight of the month is to interview a bachelor man whose name is popular in the business industry. They could market these bachelor businessmen to gain popularity for their company to be known.

"Even if I wanted to, I really can't Miss..." The secretary trailed with a questioning look.

"Arquette. But you can call me Patricia, we can be besties!" Patricia gleefully said while smiling widely.

"Miss Arquette. I'm really sorry. Mr. Silvestri will bury me alive if—"

"Don't be ridiculous, I won't tell him that you let me in."

"B-but I'm his secretary."

"Then let's just tell him that I sneaked around without you noticing."

The girl shakes her head in distress, "There are CCTVs."

"So were you considering the sneaking part?" Patricia triumphs.

"N-no. Please leave already, Mr. Silvestri doesn't like interviews."

That's a fact. The man that she was assigned was not fond of interviews, but then she's not a journalist for nothing. Patricia can always work her charm to convince the man for an interview.

"Wait. How did you know I came here to interview him?"

"It's obvious."

"Huh! I'm here to apply for a job."

"I've seen your face posted on social media, the uprising journalist who made her way to the top in just four months."

"Fine! I'll just wait here." Patricia then walked towards the waiting area.

She's looking at every angle, considering every situation. The reason why she's now here on the main floor where the boss is working is because of her charm when she talked to one of the guards. Well, she lied so she can come up here. She said that she came for an interview because she was applying for a job.

"Hello everyone, you can have your lunch first before we proceed to the interview. You are given 30 minutes for you to go to the cafeteria."

Great! Patricia bit her lower lip to stop herself from smiling. Her plan was to sneak when everyone is having their lunch. The only problem she has is Silverstri's secretary.

But then, for sure the secretary would be having lunch for herself right?

Or so Patricia thought. Kelsey, the secretary, was having lunch on her desk without giving Patricia the opportunity to sneak around.

"Aren't you gonna have your lunch?" Kelsey asked after a minute.

"How about Mr. Silvestri?"

"He's busy."

Patricia frowned, "Should I order him lunch at the cafeteria?"

When Kelsey looked at her disapprovingly, she added "Since you're still eating."