Chapter 5: Eager for a bowl

"Lantern village, the brightest village in China... yawn  literally..." A flashing ray of light shines in MK's eyes as he parks his vehicle right outside of the village. MK opens the scroll and observes the painted mountain next to the village, "Hm, so that is the mystic mountain, seems like a long way up..." MK suddenly heard a growl of hunger come from his stomach. "Uh... wouldn't hurt to have a brunch break, right?"

MK POV:
I walked through the village trying to look for food, but all I saw were non-food stores and unlit Lanterns all over because, you know, 'Lantern Village and their Lantern Festivals.' I then found a noodle shop and spent a lot on food and drinks... but I was hungry! I found a spot next to the noodle spot and began to feast! I was destroying those noodles! Although, looking at the empty bowl on my lap reminded me of Pigsy, Tang and Mei... How can I tell them about this, should I even tell them? What about Monkey King!? What could I say? "Hey, guys! So, I just unleashed an immortal that has the power to annihilate the entire universe! Don't fire me, please. UGH, I'm dead no matter what I do..."

"Yeah, I'll take the usual, thanks." I overhead someone respond, I turn my head to the register and I see a spooky figure in a cloak, odd, something feels familiar about them... I observe him closer and realized he had a tail under that cloak, a very long one. The hood covered most of his face but I noticed they had fangs while talking with the noodle man. Funny, they even had a very confident and almost cocky attitude while they were talking... and then it hit me. Long tail under cloak, fangs, cocky attitude, "Wait... is- is that..." The man pulls off his hood, he had furry, slicked-back, hair, Monkey ears and a marking across his face where his eyes are. "MONKEY KING!!??"

BACK TO 3RD PERSON:
The figure's eyes widen from the sudden yelling next to the register, MK covers his mouth with both of their hands and hides out of sight. MK starts internally screaming and panicking, "Oh no no no! Why is he here? He can't be here! I've gotten so close, I can't be caught! Maybe if he doesn't see me-" "Hello?" A voice calls from MK's shoulder, the face of the figure was too difficult to see in the dark but MK knew it was Sun Wukong. MK jumped back and pulled out their staff, "STAY BACK MONKEY KING! I- YOU TAUGHT ME HOW TO USE THIS!" The figure walks slightly closer, "I- I said stay back! I don't want to hurt you! Please just let me go!!" The staff started to glow and reveal the figure's face properly. "Wait... you're not Monkey King!"

The figure giggles "Heh, well, I get that a lot." MK lowers the staff and face palms himself, "Oh jeez, I am so sorry! I'll just go, I made this awkward..." MK turns around to leave, "Wait! You're the Monkie Kid, right?" MK freezes and slowly turns back around with a shocked and concerned face. "How do you know that??" The amused figure chuckles "Uh, the staff gives it away, dude. Not just anyone can wield that thing." MK awkwardly laughs and puts away the staff and fiddles with his fingers, "This is awkward... uh so, 'not Monkey King'." "Oh, it's Macaque." "Right, right, so, Macaque, imma go now. I got stuff to do, but I hope you enjoy your noodles!" MK begins to turn away, and pulls out the scroll in the process, catching Macaque's eye in an instant.

"Hey, hold on. Where'd you get that?" MK turns his head back and raises the scroll. "Oh, this? I uh... 'borrowed' it from... Monkey King." "That's the scroll of the Samadhi Son... are you gonna unleash it?" MK starts nervously sweating, "No! Well, Monkey King won't tell me anything about them and I need to know more. What happened wasn't right, so I guess I was planning to fix it. Sigh, I don't know..." Macaque thinks for a moment, and an idea clicks in his head. "Hm, well I've heard a lot about that story from numerous scrolls and books, maybe I could give you a hand?" MK gasps with pure joy, "Wait! For real?? Thank you! Thank you!" MK loosely bows at Macaque multiple times, making Macaque chuckle, "Heh, alright kid, that's enough.  Now, lead me to Mystic Mountain..."

Both walk to the exit of the village, with MK leading and Macaque behind with his noodles. Macaque's eyes are focused more on the scroll than his food. Macaque thought to himself, 'The Samadhi Son, a being strong enough to destroy the entire universe... that power within a child would be dangerous in the wrong hands. Wonder how dangerous it would be in mine..."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
Hey! Yeah, I'm not dead again, exams and writer's block but yay Emo Monkey is here, I also give credit to my friend who helped me come up with his entrance.
Also, I have AO3: Blueberry_toast_stories
I already posted chapter 1 there.
Anyways, see you in the next chapter!