a storm that left dried tears

Published: October 29, 2022 11:34 am

Fluff +  very slight angst but mainly fluff

Similar to the Melody oneshot i guess + inspired by one of flicker_Liling's oneshots (astraphobia, also theyre really underrated go check them out if you havent)

Thiago + Qasim

TWs

Panic attacks

my sloppy writing

short

i love alt/indie songs

—————————————

THIAGO

      2 am, I was sitting on the edge of my bed, carefully observing and listening to the hard raindrops and thunder. Lighting flashed in the night sky, I saw clouds for a matter of 2 seconds before the light disappeared into thin air. My headphones were chilling on my head, playing alt/indie songs on Spotify. I was vibing to the beat and listening to the raindrops in the dark. So fuckin peaceful, I thought. 

     My roommate, Qasim, was in the bedroom right next to mine. I thought about waking him up and making hot chocolate for him. And then it hit me, he has astraphobia. (fear of thunderstorms) Oh shit- I thought, quickly getting on my feet and rushing out the door. I took my headphones off and let them hang on my neck like a scarf. I got in front of his door and placed my ear against the door. Crying sounds, definitely having a panic attack.. I swung his door open and looked around the room. No sign of him, till I turned to my left and saw him curled up in the corner, with his hands above his head, covering his ears in an attempt to block out the noise. The sound of thunder roared and a flash of light made him yelp in fear. I kneeled down in front of him and touched his arm to let him know I was there. He flinched a bit but soon realized it was me. He clung onto my shirt and grasped the fabric. I pulled him close into a hug and he buried his head into my shoulder. "Hey. Look at me," I said, in a serious tone. "Take a deep breath." God, how do you comfort people? I didn't know what to do.. so I just stroked his back with one of my hands, and used the other to cover one side of his ear. He was sobbing, hot tears streamed down his eyes and onto his sweater, and he had a hard time breathing. "It's okay." I dropped my serious act to a more calm and soothing tone. Thunder snapped once again, making him yelp. "Shh.." I whispered quietly. "Try not to think about the stuff that is stressing you out, focus on something else, like something you like to do, or something that makes you happy. That's what I like to do when I'm in distressful situations." No words came out from him, just a slight nod. He seemed to have calmed down a bit, so I took my phone out of my right pocket and changed the playlist. "Here." I took my headphones completely off my neck and placed them on his head. Rises the moon was playing on my phone, which I know is a song he likes. "Thiago?" His voice was soft and low and had a voice crack. Tears in his eyes were only starting to dry, and his eyes were puffy. It hurts to see him like this. "Hm?" He looked up. "T-thank you.. I don't know what I would do without you.." He kept his voice low. I lightly chuckled. "Yeah no worries, people need some company in their life at some point." He smiled lightly at me. I crouched a little over to the wall and sat down, having my back touching the wall. He got a little closer to me and laid his head on my shoulder, I was confused at first but he seemed pretty tired so I let him. I smiled a little.

      He ended up falling asleep on my shoulder, I chuckled at the sight of this and took my headphones back since he was sleeping. I laid my headphones on my neck and carefully got up, trying not to disturb the sleeping boy. I lifted him cautiously and carried him over to his bed. I layed him down and tucked him in like a little kid. I ended up staying 5 minutes more before turning my back to return to my room. As I was doing so, I felt a hand latch onto my wrist, stopping me from going any further. I turned around, and as I did that, Qasim took his chance and grabbed me, pulling me onto the bed. I was lying on his bed, with his arm tightly wrapped around me. "So, this was your plan?" I asked. "Yup." He answered without hesitation. I laughed and took my headphones off and placed them on top of the drawers next to his bed. I placed my arm around him and hugged him. So there I was, laying on his bed and snuggling with him. I saw him smile lightly while drifting asleep. I smiled too.

—————————

822 words

corny ass ending but i ran out of ideas and i wanted to make this longer and i also wanted to make this more.. idk "cute"?

me just multitasking many oneshots at once while watching the mandela catalogue and listening to spotify